Installing SATA trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodybunny

Hi ,
I recenetly formated my computer and now i am having an issue to install my Western Digital SATA 120gb drive

i have two hard drives
one WD IDE 120GB and the other is WB SATA 120gb

before the format , i remember that somehow i installed them both , at later state i used the administrative tools in windows and i saw the sata there , so i just formated it and it worked after that

now i have an issue to install the SATA drive
i plugged it in, windows recognized it and said that it found a RAID CONTROLLER, and prompted me to install some drivers ,
now i don't have any drivers for my WD SATA HDD ,
i tried downloading some from WD's website but all of them , windows refused to install , saying that they are incompatible at all.

i am thinking that this is the only issue that i need to solve

i have ASUS P4S800D Mainboard with two SATA plugs ,
i don't use any PCI controller card since my MB supports SATA and IDE
but i just don't know what to do now.

how can i make them both work, IDE is the only one working so far.

I don't have a floppy drive nor do i have the drivers for the SATA , as i recall that , i never got the drivers either when i bought the SATA drive.
i do recall that long ago i done something , some exe file in windows folder that created some drivers for the SATA from scratch , but i don't remember what that was and where.

Could you give me some pointers how to make it work?

Thanks again.

Sounds like your motherboard needs the RAID drivers installed.

do you have the CD that came with the board? if so, try installing all the drivers from there instead...

The CD was lost long ago :(

maybe i'll try searching for the drivers on asus's website.

i'll post more info after i do that

well - i think it would be a good idea to install all your mobo drivers ! i rebuilt my machine and was having some mental problems with USB devices. I installed XP SP2, which enabled USB 2.0 - then actually installed the USB 2.0 Controller from the mobo driver CD and everything was SWEET AS A NUT SON !! SWEEEET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back