TechSpot

Installing Snow Leopard OSX onto an AMD system

By Ezekiel7
Nov 26, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ever since Windows 7 has came out, I have loved it to bits. It has never made me so happy to admit what operating system I'm using. However, when I made the upgrade from Vista I also upgraded to a new Intel SSD making my experience faster than ever before.

Realizing I still had a great HDD laying around, I wanted to do something with it. Although I didn't want to put Linux or Windows on it. That's when I decided to give Snow Leopard OSX a go. Without hesitation I transferred the files I wanted from the HDD onto the SSD, and wiped it to begin my journey.

Now, here's where the problems begin to start. This is a custom built computer, which runs an AMD processor. After personal experiences I know that this is an issue. AMD processors are not OSX friendly. I simply cannot run the installation as simply as I would like to.

So, fellow members of the TechSpot forums; how can I make this become a reality? How is it possible to perform a fresh install of Snow Leopard OSX onto a AMD system? What tools would I need? What all should I be prepared for and how?

Thank you,
    Ezekiel7
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

This is not an allowed topic on TechSpot. A little Google will get you all the information you need.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.