Installing Win2k Pro-HELP

By jabbz214
Feb 3, 2007
  1. I have an issues ladies and gentlemen and I need your help to figure out how to resolve this.

Background: I have an IBM T22 PC which previously had Win2K professional installed. I wanted to delete that OS and install WinXP but in the processs of do so, someting went wrong. I am assuming the WINXP CD was probably the cause of this and now when system starts I am given an option to select from two OS's. Win 2K Pro and Wind XP Pro Setup. When I select Win2K Prof the system take 10 seconds and gives me error message saying some dll files are missing. When I try to complete the XP Setup..I also get an error message and unable to complete my setup.

I WANT TO INSTALL NEW WIN 2K Pro on it thats where I NEED your HELP. I have downloaded an ISO image file of Win2K but I dont know how I can erase what is currently on my PC and Install using this new ISO image file. CAN ANYONE HELP HERE. It would be much appreciated.

Have a good day.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

Are you planning to have a dual-boot Windows XP and Windows 2K? You started this saying that you wanted to delete Windows 2K and go with XP alone. Whitch is it?
  3. damienb

damienb TS Rookie Posts: 55

does the laptop have a floppy drive? being a t22 i think it might???? anyway, if so you could go to and download a windows 98 boot disk exe file. run that and copy it to a floppy. boot your t22 to the win98 boot disk and use fdisk to delete the partition(s), then create partition(s), then format c:. then try booting to the win2k disk you have and installing.

Thats what id do anyway....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.