Installing Win2k Pro-HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issues ladies and gentlemen and I need your help to figure out how to resolve this.

Background: I have an IBM T22 PC which previously had Win2K professional installed. I wanted to delete that OS and install WinXP but in the processs of do so, someting went wrong. I am assuming the WINXP CD was probably the cause of this and now when system starts I am given an option to select from two OS's. Win 2K Pro and Wind XP Pro Setup. When I select Win2K Prof the system take 10 seconds and gives me error message saying some dll files are missing. When I try to complete the XP Setup..I also get an error message and unable to complete my setup.

I WANT TO INSTALL NEW WIN 2K Pro on it thats where I NEED your HELP. I have downloaded an ISO image file of Win2K but I dont know how I can erase what is currently on my PC and Install using this new ISO image file. CAN ANYONE HELP HERE. It would be much appreciated.

Have a good day.

Thanks.

Are you planning to have a dual-boot Windows XP and Windows 2K? You started this saying that you wanted to delete Windows 2K and go with XP alone. Whitch is it?

does the laptop have a floppy drive? being a t22 i think it might???? anyway, if so you could go to bootdisk.com and download a windows 98 boot disk exe file. run that and copy it to a floppy. boot your t22 to the win98 boot disk and use fdisk to delete the partition(s), then create partition(s), then format c:. then try booting to the win2k disk you have and installing.

Thats what id do anyway....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back