Integrated camera not recognized by computer

I recently got a hand me down laptop. It says Powergistics on top, and I know it was specially made. Its got XP on it and other than being slow it seems to work fine. But, the integrated camera won't work. I didn't know what it was called so I searched for "integrated", "camera", things like that, and eventually found some items related to an integrated camera but that was all. There is no program to open. I don't know what else to look for.

I had planned on just seeing if I needed to update the drivers, but since I can't find anything about the camera I don't know what drivers to look for.

I had read on here about going to Problem Devices, so I figured out how to do that. There were 4 things there and I have no idea what they are.

Any help would be appreciated!

solution lenovo integrated cam not recognized X120

Hi tried posting this at Lenovo's USA forum but they kept redirecting me to the German forum hmmmm....
Spent the last week googling "Lenovo integrated cam not working", tried everything listed with no result.....drivers...inf files....restore....then tried the obvious, took cover off cam, very simple....and reconnected wiring....done!
The screen on the X120 is very flexible and I assume this helped dislocate the cam wiring.......all in all not happy with this Lenovo rubbish...as the keyboard keys not working now due to faulty wiring...

Back