Intel Core 2 Duos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe c2d is 775 socket , and i would recommend getting a new mobo that runs 1066 FSb , to really get the full c2d. Hope this helps, plus if u are getting a new cpu , it doesnt hurt to get a beter mobo .

Core 2 Duo is a LGA775 socket and it works only with Intel P965 or Intel 975 chipset so if you want a Core 2 Duo be sure your motherboard has one of those chipsets

anstro said:
Core 2 Duo is a LGA775 socket and it works only with Intel P965 or Intel 975 chipset so if you want a Core 2 Duo be sure your motherboard has one of those chipsets

Not entirely true. There are a number of chipsets besides those two mentioned that work with Core2Duo.

Nvidia's 680i for example.

There is an ecs p4m800 pro mobo which supports c2d, but with my experience it is by far theeeeee worst mobo ever. I got it in a PD bundle and the damn thing wouldnt accept any ram i would put in it, i ended up getting a gygabyte. THIs cmp took me like month and a half to know what was worng. and itsuked cause it was a comp i was building for my uncle so i felt bad. But all ended mostly well.

Actually, there are Core 2s for socket 478. The mobile Core 2s will fit in socket 478 mobos or so I have heard. They run on a 667MHz system bus, so that's not out of range of socket 478 (max 800MHz).

you must use a core 2 duo motherboard specfically.

The CPU requires a specialized chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back