Intel Mobo + Pentium D fails to install Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently bought a new Intel D945GTP mobo and Pentium D 830 3.0Ghz processor. I also installed 2 OCZ Dual channel PC4200 RAM chips. The mobo has integrated video, nic and soundboard.
While installing Windows XP, the video display will garble after Windows loads it default drivers and sits ready for me to begin the install process.
The process will continue once I press ENTER, with more garbled video display and finally once Windows begins to copy its files, the system reboots, or blue screens with what I believe is a "Non Page Fault" error.

Hard to say cause the video is so garbled.
I'm working on the assumption that maybe I have some bad memory, but I have never known bad memory to corrupt a Windows install, much less produce such garbled video.

Am I wrong? Please help me out here-- I'm at my wit's end!!

Daranhatu said:
known bad memory to corrupt a Windows install,

I have

Daranhatu said:
much less produce such garbled video.

Well considering onboard video draws from system ram..id say it could.

My guess. its the ram, or worse off the board. I doubt its the CPU (they ussualy work or they dont)

To be honest, I hadn't thought about the memory draw for the video.
But, any idea why it would wait until that part into the install to begin degrading?

DO you get the garbleness (for lack of a better term :p ) at a speficic point/time/event?

Have you run any diagnostics of the RAM? Id try memtest86

The garbled or junky video, (for lack of a better term ) happens right after Windows finishes loading the default drivers and then asks to either hit ENTER to install, or repair, etc. This would be right after the prompt of "Setup is starting Windows."

Specifically the main install DOS screen.
As soon as the prompt, the screen flickers and then the task choices come up disoriented, out of place-- lines are disposed.
Click ENTER on the keyboard and the screen blackens, computer reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back