Intel 'Postville' SSD listings appear online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Intel has yet to announce its new “Postville” solid-state drives based on a 34nm manufacturing process, but rumors circulating for the past few weeks suggest a launch is imminent. In fact, listings for the upcoming drives have already made their way onto a handful of European sites – along with hope for reduced prices.

On one site, where current 80GB and 160GB X25-M SSDs start at around 277€ ($394) and 519€ ($738) respectively, Potsville products with the same capacities are priced at just 184€ ($262) and 364€ ($518). Conversely on Materiel.net, Postville parts have a 10€ price increase over their predecessors, so the pricing aspect is still a bit sketchy for now. The lineup will reportedly include a 320GB drive, though there have been no leaks on that model's MSRP.

In terms of performance and other specs, the new 34nm-based drives are both supposedly rated for 250MB/s read speeds, but the 80GB model is upped from 70MB/s write speeds on its predecessor to 90MB/s and the 160GB version hits 100MB/s. They will also feature 32MB of wear leveling buffer, AES 128-bit Encryption, advanced NCQ features and Advanced Smart Support to monitor drive life.

Permalink to story.

same here!! =[
I think it will take another year or maybe 2 for them to drop further in price.

Waqas

Actually the price has been falling about $100 every 4>5 months for the old X25-M
I think (hope) we will see the same with this new one

I think I will buy it as soon as it hits a reputable Swedish retailer at a non inflated price (The new model)

Here is pricing history for the "old" 80GB X25-M in Swedish Krona
http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?pu=343495

And here is a Japanese review of the new model, you can use google translate if you want to read it
http://nueda.main.jp/blog/archives/004532.html

Go with the OCZ Vertex. You can get 30GB for around $100 and 60Gb around $200. I have a 60 and its so freaking fast. Intel's are way over priced and the vertex are better. I am getting like 200+MB read speed and around 150MB write. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back