Intel 'Postville' SSD listings appear online

By Jos
Jul 20, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intel has yet to announce its new “Postville” solid-state drives based on a 34nm manufacturing process, but rumors circulating for the past few weeks suggest a launch is imminent. In fact, listings for the upcoming drives have already made their way onto a handful of European sites – along with hope for reduced prices.

Read the whole story
  2. b1kshad0w

b1kshad0w Newcomer, in training

I was hoping this will help drop the price of SSDs. I've been dying to buy one but they are so expensive right now.
  3. same here!! =[
    I think it will take another year or maybe 2 for them to drop further in price.

Waqas
  4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,907   +115 Staff Member

Actually the price has been falling about $100 every 4>5 months for the old X25-M
    I think (hope) we will see the same with this new one

I think I will buy it as soon as it hits a reputable Swedish retailer at a non inflated price (The new model)

Here is pricing history for the "old" 80GB X25-M in Swedish Krona
    http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?pu=343495

And here is a Japanese review of the new model, you can use google translate if you want to read it
    http://nueda.main.jp/blog/archives/004532.html
  5. windmill007

windmill007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 311

Go with the OCZ Vertex. You can get 30GB for around $100 and 60Gb around $200. I have a 60 and its so freaking fast. Intel's are way over priced and the vertex are better. I am getting like 200+MB read speed and around 150MB write. Amazing!
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,446   +269

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.