Intel releases SandForce-based SSD 330 Series, starts at $89

By Jos
Apr 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just a few short days later than rumors suggested, Intel has officially released the new SSD 330 Series for those who seek a good mix of performance and value. Based...

Read the whole story
  2. Think we'll see under $1 per gb by Christmas?
  3. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

Are SSD's really worth it???
    I mean are SSD's the way to go now.??
    Are they reliable enough now to buy one...

I do not have a SSD yet, but been thinking of trying one out.. and keeping my main HD as a backup.
    Remove the Main HD, and install SSD, with a clean install..

Mike
  4. I had a computer that was about 5 years old (Intel E6300, 2 GB RAM, Win 7 x64) running business applications. I added an Intel SSD 320 series 120 GB drive. This made things feel a little quicker but was not a night and day difference. I recently upgraded the computer to (Xeon E31225, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 x64) and moved over the SSD and everything is lighting fast.
    The computer is a system, which is only as fast as it's weakest link. In general if you access a bunch of small files, you will see an improvement, if you access a few large files you may not see much improvement.
  5. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 410   +42

Review please? This is very good news - a SSD is in my 12 month upgrade plan :)
  6. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +82

My motherboard has SATA II interface, would I consider an Intel SSD 520 with an add-on a SATA III card, or is it better to select an SDD that supports SATA II?
  7. dikbozo

dikbozo TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 106

re:Guest
    on April 16, 2012
    6:21 PM

Thanks for a good example of what to expect with this type of technology. Too many fanbois expect latest and greatest from incremental advances. Benchmarks on these don't really jive with real world experiences as most of the time computers are usually doing nothing much but waiting.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,766   +1,427

Finally prices are getting to my price range I had set for myself 2 years ago ($1 per GB). I must admit, I wasn't expecting such low prices from Intel, thats good news indeed. I may finally go with an SSD by Christmas. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.