Internet browsers

kevin30

Ok so here it is.I downloaded malwarebytes on my computer because my computer had alot of virusis (sorry for my spelling btw) anyway it ran its scan it deleted some files and all that after it was done I turned off my computer and turned it back on I tried to go on google,internet explorer and a popup came up saying this shortcut may have been changed or removed see if you need a 84 or 64x thats what it said im a computer newb I dont know what this means but I cant use my internet browsers can someone help me plz and ty

Windows might have been damaged by the many "viruses" before you ran Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes is not a antivirus program. Do you know what antivirus program was installed? What version of Windows is installed?

Im 13 years old I know nothing about computers.I know my computer had many virusus before I installed malwarebytes thats why I installed it because I thought it was antivirus software.before I installed malware bytes I had norton,and this other one called pc tech(I think?)but these were not paid for they just told me I had virus and I had to pay.im sorry if this didint answer anything I hope you can help me I will try my best thank you!

Do you have friends or know any adults close to you that might be able to help you with this computer trouble?

No my parents know nothing im pretty sure noone will know how to fix this that is nearby me but can you show me what to do im desprate

You really need to install Windows fresh. How old is this computer and what is the make and model of it. It will be something like an HP Presario, Dell Dimension...

Understand, a shortcut is just a pointer; click on it and it takes you somewhere else.
When they are broken, the question becomes
  • is the shortcut wrong / broken?
  • is the thing I want now missing or moved?
So, forget accessing the browser using a shortcut on the desktop or in the taskbar.

Click Start->All Programs
and scroll down to your browser. Click on it and it should run.

The IE browser is even easier; Start-> scroll and it's shown by its icon - - click on it.

Jobeard I already did this. No my internet browsers are broken for example:I saw google chrome on all programs I clicked on it it said it was moved or deleted then it just asks me I need to check my computer settings to see if I need x86 or x63 (I think its 63 im not sure but it starts with 6) then it just tells me to contact to software developer.

tmagic650.its an hp pavilion we have had it for about 2 years my family and I realy never used it me and my sister usually plaed games and surfed the web virus warnings pop up but we all just ignored them then yesterday I installed malwarebytes and thats when this mess happened btw thank you guys for helping me im gratefull I know I might be frestrating for you

I wonder if there is an option when you press F8 repeatedly during the computer start up, before you get to the Windows loading screen, for recovery options. If you see anything like this, select recovery options and choose something like "restore this computer to factory condition"...

Jobeard I already did this. No my internet browsers are broken for example:I saw google chrome on all programs I clicked on it it said it was moved or deleted then it just asks me I need to check my computer settings to see if I need x86 or x63 (I think its 63 im not sure but it starts with 6) then it just tells me to contact to software developer.
hmm - - that's to be expected from a broken shortcut.

I repeat - - did you attempt to access using the Start->All Programs?
You would have gotten a very different response for a broken program

hmm - - that's to be expected from a broken shortcut.

I repeat - - did you attempt to access using the Start->All Programs?
You would have gotten a very different response for a broken program
im 100 percent sure I used all programs but it just says

im reading this now the version of this file is not compataible with the version of windows youre running. Check your commputer system info to see whether you need an x86(32 bit)orx64(64 bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher.

I actually think its the vurusis but you guys know better

Hi kevin30, If you used Malwarebytes to scan your computer, it is very unlikely to have caused any other problems.
Any damage to your Windows will have been done before that.
If your PC is 2 years old then it's going to have the 'sliding tiles' on the desktop screen. That's Windows 8.
It's fairly easy to get it back to as it was when new, if that's what you want to do.

Hi, If you have Windows 7, do you know if someone made some recovery disks when the computer was new? If they did can you find them ?
One problem you might have, is that your desktop shortcuts to your programs are 'broken', but your web browser might be ok to go onto the internet.
If you can click open your 'C' drive to show a list of your programs on it, then you could start the web browser from that list.

Here is one thing thatshappening I click on all programs if I click on a web browser like firefox it says firefox.exe bad image

\\.\globalroot\systemroot\appatch\nbin\vc32loader.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error try installing the program again using the original installation media(witch I cant)or contact support

whats a c drive how do I use it

I found a date in backup and restore befrore I downloaded malwarebytes should I restore it to this point? Or will my stuff still not work anyway

Your best bet would be to do a factory reinstall. Due to the fact you had lots of spyware and such.. If you choose this route and this is a HP computer. Providing the restore partition is still good. You will need to shut down the computer. Then restart it. At that time tap the F11 key. This should bring you to the factory restore menu.

Guys I have not factory reset my computer I got superantispyware today and it detected way more things than malwarebytes did currently I have 444 detected threats here they are tell me if they are serious

adware.tracking cookie and there are A LOT of files under it like random ads

adware.infoatoms/variant

pup.adinstaller

Trojan.agent/gen-fake alert

adware.convertad/variant

2 more Trojans

Trojan.agent/gen-downloader

Trojan.agent/generic

When the scan is done can someone help me what to do step by step plz share with people so I can get help

With as much spyware and trojans you have. You have about two options. 1. Post in the malware sub forum here and one of the helpers will help you clear out you computer of spyware.. 2nd Set the computer back to a factory reinstall.

Back