Internet disconnects randomly for 1 second

My internet disconnects randomly for 1 second mostly while gaming and watching streamings,
my computer is on on wired internet, I've switched cables, the internet technician said the router is ok, Norton, AVG and MalwareBytes says I have no virus. I 've formatted my pc. and nothing.

System to adapter to router to modem to ISP with cables and slots connecting the bunch. Start at one end and shift in known good and see if the problem goes away. Also try 'network troubleshooting' (right click on internet icon at bottom of monitor). My bet would be for a flaky cable or if wireless a failing battery.

Is this the only device that has this problem? Is it a specific service? have you done ping tests to gateway at the same time as internet pings? We need some more information.

Is this the only device that has this problem? Is it a specific service? have you done ping tests to gateway at the same time as internet pings? We need some more information.

My other devices use Wifi and I dont think they have a problem.
How do I do the ping test? I pinged www.google.com and it said it lost some packages when it disconnected

IMO,it's rare that a cable causes INTERMITTENT problems. It's fine to have AVG + Malwarebytes, but be sure only ONE gets auto started.

Is your ISP DSL, Cable, or what? DSL needs line filters or else even a toaster can cause problems.

How many other users on your router are active concurrently?

The remote system can have too many users or just any node in that path could be less than 100% packet delivery.

So to do a continuous ping test what you do is ping your gateway IP. Most home routers it is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Run a continuous ping in a cmd window with the command ping 192.168.1.1 -t while at the same time pinging something like 8.8.8.8. Look for loss to the gateway separately from loss beyond the gateway.

My other devices use Wifi and I dont think they have a problem.
How do I do the ping test? I pinged www.google.com and it said it lost some packages when it disconnected
First, do a TRACERT google.com

Your router will be at some 192.168.x.y address and that is your LAN gateway.
The very next node will be your ISP gateway.

Get one window and ping -t your router
get another window and ping -t the ISP gateway

Your router ping should loose 0% under all conditions.

Back