TechSpot

Internet Explorer 7 Issue

By samw
Feb 16, 2007
  1. Since I did windows update this morning, my internet explorer browser is not working. it says 'Internet Explorers cannot view the wepbage'. I am using firefox at the moment. I have reinstalled internet explorer but the same problem persists.

how can this be solved.

2. momsgonelooney

momsgonelooney TS Rookie Posts: 124

me 2

I have been having the same issue and everything that uses ie to update wont work either. Any help for this problem would be appreciated.

3. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

IEx 7

I upgraded about a month ago with no problems updateing.
    It takes a little getting used to.But you can check you option without opening a Window.
    It should be in the Control Panel/Internet options.
    Try doing some "set defaults" and see if that helps.

4. samw

samw TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

d

i went to internet options and then connections. the internet connection that it is connecting to is not the one i use to connect to the internet, I use my LAN from broadband and there is no option to add this. When I try adding it through the wizard, I end creating another connection
    help!

5. momsgonelooney

still not working

I went to my internet connections and it's still not working. Help plzz..

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

can you view the internet with FF?
    IF yes, then your problem is with IE7.
    If not, then you have a network issue.
    Click on local network (the little computers in the bottom corner). Select properties. Select TCIP. Select automatically configure for both areas.
    If your ISP has a certain setting, you will you consult them if it is not automatic detection.

7. samw

help

my internet works fine with firefox. there is a problem with ie7 and i think it was due to some windows updates i did.

i have reinstalled it but it is stil not working.

8. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Often we see such IE 7 problems are caused by firewalls such as Zone Alarm or Kerio. Also, we see problems when IE 7 was installed on an already fully loaded system. Do you have a firewall other than Windows Firewall? And was it installed before IE was installed?
    We have found it necessary to remove IE 7 and various firewalls and security software, then reinstall IE 7, followed by a reinstallation of the firewalls and security.

9. samw

help

IE7 was working fine with my firewall and antivirus. i think it has been corrupted.

but when I went to Internet options and Connections, the internet connection is not the one that is used to connect to the internet. I have tried adding my LAN connection but it jus adds another internet connection which doesnt work

10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Have you tried a system restore to before the updates?

Regards Howard :)

11. momsgonelooney

If I uninstall ie7 will it revert back to ie6 automatically? I am tired of all the problems i'm having with ie7 and would just like to remove it. Unless removing it would become an issue.

12. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Yes, uninstalling IE7 should automatically roll back to IE6.

Regards Howard :)

13. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

You can download the entire IE 7 at www.microsoft.com, then burn it to a disc. Then delete existing IE 7 in Add and Remove, then reboot. Finally, install IE 7 from the disc.

14. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Why not call your ISP Tech support ?
    Why pay and not connect ?
    My IE7 didn't affect mine or i would have called Rogers.
    Right away.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.