Internet Explorer 7 Issue

By samw
Feb 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Since I did windows update this morning, my internet explorer browser is not working. it says 'Internet Explorers cannot view the wepbage'. I am using firefox at the moment. I have reinstalled internet explorer but the same problem persists.

how can this be solved.
  2. momsgonelooney

momsgonelooney Newcomer, in training Posts: 130

me 2

I have been having the same issue and everything that uses ie to update wont work either. Any help for this problem would be appreciated.
  3. zipperman

zipperman Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,423   +7

IEx 7

I upgraded about a month ago with no problems updateing.
    It takes a little getting used to.But you can check you option without opening a Window.
    It should be in the Control Panel/Internet options.
    Try doing some "set defaults" and see if that helps.
  4. samw

samw Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 48

d

i went to internet options and then connections. the internet connection that it is connecting to is not the one i use to connect to the internet, I use my LAN from broadband and there is no option to add this. When I try adding it through the wizard, I end creating another connection
    help!
  5. momsgonelooney

still not working

I went to my internet connections and it's still not working. Help plzz..
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

can you view the internet with FF?
    IF yes, then your problem is with IE7.
    If not, then you have a network issue.
    Click on local network (the little computers in the bottom corner). Select properties. Select TCIP. Select automatically configure for both areas.
    If your ISP has a certain setting, you will you consult them if it is not automatic detection.
  7. samw

help

my internet works fine with firefox. there is a problem with ie7 and i think it was due to some windows updates i did.

i have reinstalled it but it is stil not working.
  8. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Often we see such IE 7 problems are caused by firewalls such as Zone Alarm or Kerio. Also, we see problems when IE 7 was installed on an already fully loaded system. Do you have a firewall other than Windows Firewall? And was it installed before IE was installed?
    We have found it necessary to remove IE 7 and various firewalls and security software, then reinstall IE 7, followed by a reinstallation of the firewalls and security.
  9. samw

help

IE7 was working fine with my firewall and antivirus. i think it has been corrupted.

but when I went to Internet options and Connections, the internet connection is not the one that is used to connect to the internet. I have tried adding my LAN connection but it jus adds another internet connection which doesnt work
  10. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Have you tried a system restore to before the updates?

Regards Howard :)
  11. momsgonelooney

If I uninstall ie7 will it revert back to ie6 automatically? I am tired of all the problems i'm having with ie7 and would just like to remove it. Unless removing it would become an issue.

12. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Yes, uninstalling IE7 should automatically roll back to IE6.

Regards Howard :)
  13. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

You can download the entire IE 7 at www.microsoft.com, then burn it to a disc. Then delete existing IE 7 in Add and Remove, then reboot. Finally, install IE 7 from the disc.
  14. zipperman

zipperman Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,423   +7

Why not call your ISP Tech support ?
    Why pay and not connect ?
    My IE7 didn't affect mine or i would have called Rogers.
    Right away.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.