Internet Explorer Greyed Out Toolbars,

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuser2

Ok so this is bugging me. All of my toolbars are greyed out.I think this has been my problem a long time ago and i tried all that i can do and searched for answers but unfortunately i have'nt been able to find a solution!

This is a video of it, sorry because i can't take a snapshot...

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-7Ai1nu_qI[/ame]

Kindly help me out please

Emmm... What? It's all in some language I can't understand! Were you in the view menu? If I do what you did in that video I get the areas that seemed to be greyed out, which are, I think, Go To, Stop, Refresh, Text Size and Encoding. Mine are all good... maybe you have set preferences on your internet options I don't have, maybe all that stuff is set. I really can't understand this, because I don't even know what language that was, never mind reading it :(

paranoid guy said:
Emmm... What? It's all in some language I can't understand! Were you in the view menu? If I do what you did in that video I get the areas that seemed to be greyed out, which are, I think, Go To, Stop, Refresh, Text Size and Encoding. Mine are all good... maybe you have set preferences on your internet options I don't have, maybe all that stuff is set. I really can't understand this, because I don't even know what language that was, never mind reading it :(

Yes im in view menu when im doing that.What i did was click View then followed up by toolbars.The result was all of my toolbars are unclickable or greyed out! I forgot to tell that im using a japanese
OS! Its basically the same right. Ow and my toolbars in firefox are all good!

Ever had a virus or something? What Anti-virus software do you use?
I saw on a forum that this happened to someone after they were infected with ISearch but I'm not trying to scare you, it may be something trivial. Anyone else got an opinion?

paranoid guy said:
Ever had a virus or something? What Anti-virus software do you use?
I saw on a forum that this happened to someone after they were infected with ISearch but I'm not trying to scare you, it may be something trivial. Anyone else got an opinion?

Ok im using a Norton AV 2006 (updated as always), Microsoft Antispyware, Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware SE Professional. Yes i have been infected with that Isearch trojan but im very sure that my system is clean. I believe the toolbar.dll from Isearch is what making my toolbars dissapear. But that file is not present in my computer anymore! So what else is causing this problem? A conflict with Norton perhaps? I have a HijackThis by the way if you guys want me to post a log.

*Update*
I got the screen shot. The reason that i cant capture awhile ago is because the drop down menu is very tricky. But i found a way so here it is!

Woah, I feel like I'm in a little over my head now but a guy I saw on another forum had the same problem. He also got rid of ISearch but his toolbar was greyed out. Here's the link. http://www.pcvsconsole.com/features/video/
Unfortunately they don't seem to have answered the problem too well. I have no idea about all that hijack-this log stuff (yet) but someone posted a link that recommended getting one. Post it here and I hope someone can read it.

Hey thankyou so much paranoid guy for helping me out here! I hope i fix this asap coz its really bugging me out. Ok so i will just post my log anyway, hope somebody can read this anytime soon.

Heres Your Solution

Open Internet Explorer,

Click on tools and then Manage Manage Add Ons > Enable or Disable Add Ons,

Click on the add on you want to enable then click on enable.

Close All Internet Explorer Windows,

Then Re-Open Internet Explorer,

They Should Be Working Now...

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back