Internet Explorer won't display web pages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a laptop set up wirelessly. The connection is fine and I can receive email. When I open IE, no web pages will display. IE works fine on my other 2 computers, 1 wireless and 1 wired. Not sure what I have done.

It is not in work offline mode. I have run spyware and virus scans showing the computer clean. I have rebooted. Still doesn't work. Probably something simple. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Try wired ethernet

@FoxDog:

Try running IE with wired ethernet connected.

If using a third-party software firewall (eg NIS2007/2008, ZoneAlarm, many others), ensure that firewall is set to allow IE to access internet.

Check wireless (& wired) router to ensure port 80 (http) is not blocked.

hi,

i have the same problem with my computer. i have checked the firewall settings and that is not affecting it i have no proxy settings and it is not set to work offline.

i have not checked the port to see if it is blocked, dont know how to do this, anyone able to help me???

the last thing i have done on my computer was install windows updates could this have done anything??

Thanks guys

Fixed It

Thanks for everybody's help.

The problem was with my startup programs. I deleted the program that affected it and it works.

j.a. racing - try this. click start and then run, or if XP go into accessories and then run. type msconfig. click on startup tab. then click disable all. click apply and close it. it will ask you to restart. it will load in selective startup. after restart open explorer and see if it works. if so, go back into msconfig and enable all startups. then you have to look at recently installed programs. starting unclicking one at a time and repeating the above process until you determined which program it is. then delete it. I got lucky and recognized a couple programs that weren't credible. once I deleted them from add/remove programs I was fine.

hope this helps, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back