Internet Isn't Connecting Right

Hi!

So last night I had decided to reset my laptop because it was full of junk and really slow, and it had a lot of files on it I didn't need...the way I reset it was with the tool on the windows website that lets you upgrade to 10 and restart it because, whenever I had went in to recover it, it said it couldn't...but that's not what this is about!

After I had reset it, I noticed that my PC connected to the internet, but whenever I clicked on Edge the internet stopped and the wifi symbol was empty with an asterisk next to it...I clicked it and my wifi wasn't there, even though I was sitting right next to it... I know that its not my router or modem causing this issue because my phone connects and so does my playstation 3 and my home desktop...and I know its not my laptop because whenever I went to a friends house, it connected there.

I plugged the Ethernet into my laptop to be able to post a photo to my tumblr, and then I took the Ethernet out to see what would happen, and right now my internets at full bars and is connected successfully, but I'm afraid that if I close my laptop or I shut it off, itll happen again..

before I used the Ethernet, I was trying to fix it by troubleshooting, and resetting my laptop, and I even reset my internet all together. I tried forgetting my internet, and everything, and it still isn't correct...

I would love for you to help!

Back