Internet Predicted to Melt Down by Mid-day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
According to a Russian news site, Kaspersky Labs states that terrorists will launch attacks which will paralyze the Internet this Thursday.

I'm holding off my bets through, I think this will be a day just like every other on the internet. Source: Internet Storm Center

You can keep track of the status of a few key routers on the Internet at Internet Traffic Report, the only sight of problem is at Sri Lankan but that was due to a very different cause.

Well my download from www.csrees.usda.gov is slower than I could retype the 20 some pages I'm trying to download (rtf format). Other than that things seem normal to me.
But you said Thursday, and today is just Wednesday.

"a russian news site" I must have missed the link where they pointed to the original story on that Russian site. Also, Kaspersky's site seems to have nothing on this either. So forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical.

I think this is just bogs, it's not that easy to take down the internet... Maybe parts of the DNS service but to actually flood all parts of the internet so there no longer is no working communication would be very difficult.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
Well my download from www.csrees.usda.gov is slower than I could retype the 20 some pages I'm trying to download (rtf format).
Update: I waited about 30 minutes and all was good.

Originally posted by StormBringer
hmm, yahoo couldn't find that page
lol.

I just saw it was linked on fark so I figured I'd paste it here.

Hrm, its now midday CET. Still working fine here, though Apples site is a bit slow to respond

The government networks here are still as snappy as ever (I'm on a 512K VPN link). Though I think that might be helped by how much of Ireland (and hence EU-American link) backbone the state owns through HEANet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back