Internet Randomly Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've been having problems for a while with my internet. I thought it was a temporary thing, but the problem stayed and only got worse. Unfortunantly, I am limited in my knowledge in computer and internet terms. However, using google, I have found this thread (techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t%20%3C/t-56828-Internet-is-fast-but-disconnects-randomly-Please-help.html) which describes a similar case to my problem. The only difference is that I live in NY, USA and use Optimum Online. In the past, I have had absolutely no trouble with Optimum. Ever since my father decided to take away wireless, I've been having disconnection problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

*Edit*

Misread first post - my response was useless, my apologies.

If you sure it is not malware related? Follow the 8 steps provided here.

If you are connecting via router, have you tried a direct connection between your PC and the modem? Any chance at swapping out your Ethernet cable for another?

OK, I followed the 8 steps and attached here are the logs the post had requested. If I did anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks for all the help in advance!

edit: Oh, and regards to Matthew's post, I have no clue what the second part is proposing. But I think there is a good chance that this is a malware problem because in the past, I had accidentally downloaded a harmful file. The webmistress said it was a malware, so that could have been the reason for this.

Hi. I hope you don't mind me bringing this back up. I didn't say anything last time because my internet seemed to be fine for a while. Now it's back to acting up again and I really am not sure why. My logs are attached in the post above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The above logs are now 3 weeks old, being too old to check
They also contained many malwares

You are advised to go through the 8 steps provided here. (again)
Once finished, then if you require your logs to be checked by support, please create a New Thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum, and attach the logs there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back