Internet Randomly Disconnects

By mamori
Apr 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello! I've been having problems for a while with my internet. I thought it was a temporary thing, but the problem stayed and only got worse. Unfortunantly, I am limited in my knowledge in computer and internet terms. However, using google, I have found this thread (techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t%20%3C/t-56828-Internet-is-fast-but-disconnects-randomly-Please-help.html) which describes a similar case to my problem. The only difference is that I live in NY, USA and use Optimum Online. In the past, I have had absolutely no trouble with Optimum. Ever since my father decided to take away wireless, I've been having disconnection problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,043   +84 Staff Member

*Edit*

Misread first post - my response was useless, my apologies.

If you sure it is not malware related? Follow the 8 steps provided here.

If you are connecting via router, have you tried a direct connection between your PC and the modem? Any chance at swapping out your Ethernet cable for another?
  3. mamori

mamori Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

OK, I followed the 8 steps and attached here are the logs the post had requested. If I did anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks for all the help in advance!

edit: Oh, and regards to Matthew's post, I have no clue what the second part is proposing. But I think there is a good chance that this is a malware problem because in the past, I had accidentally downloaded a harmful file. The webmistress said it was a malware, so that could have been the reason for this.
  4. mamori

mamori Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi. I hope you don't mind me bringing this back up. I didn't say anything last time because my internet seemed to be fine for a while. Now it's back to acting up again and I really am not sure why. My logs are attached in the post above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

The above logs are now 3 weeks old, being too old to check
    They also contained many malwares

You are advised to go through the 8 steps provided here. (again)
    Once finished, then if you require your logs to be checked by support, please create a New Thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum, and attach the logs there.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.