Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.

Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

I can't edit the OP, but the message I get when the webpage doesn't load at all is "This Web page is unavailable". The pages load for the most part, but every 10 pages or so won't load completely or won't load at all.

It is entirely possible to partially load a webpage and not complete. The technical issue is a bad "chunk count" for sessions with keep-alive.

Almost 100% of the time, this is attributed to a bad webpage dynamically created on the sever;
it can also occur when there's bad packet drops and retries.

Monitor the website(s) which create this condition and log them for reference.
IMO, you will never see this from google.com

Update: Modem seems to working just fine alone. Web pages are loading at their normal speed. So I guess it was the router all along? Any ideas on how to fix it?
It is entirely possible to partially load a webpage and not complete. The technical issue is a bad "chunk count" for sessions with keep-alive.

Almost 100% of the time, this is attributed to a bad webpage dynamically created on the sever;
it can also occur when there's bad packet drops and retries.

Monitor the website(s) which create this condition and log them for reference.
IMO, you will never see this from google.com
I have this problem on all webpages, even google.

How old is the router? Try checking for a firmware upgrade. Or just replace it. I have never used Netgear Routers. So I really can not say. I use Linksys or Cisco. They have been good. No problems.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to go about fixing this?

How old is the router? Try checking for a firmware upgrade. Or just replace it. I have never used Netgear Routers. So I really can not say. I use Linksys or Cisco. They have been good. No problems.
Idk, I had problems with my router a few weeks ago and had a friend give me the one I have now. It was working just fine these past 2 weeks that I've had it until 2 days ago. I'll make sure to check for a firmware upgrade. Yea, I'll probably get linksys next time.

:big smile: I only/always use Netgear and disdain Cisco/Linksys :)

I have this problem on all webpages, even google.
Shocking. Subsequent comments lead to fingering the router - - update the firmware or replace it.

BTW: good technique to directly attach to the modem - - that's the split-halves approach.

I had the exact same problem and the virus scans did the trick. What is the best virus protector? I'm using Windows 10 on a Windows 7 laptop.

I had the exact same problem and the virus scans did the trick. What is the best virus protector? I'm using Windows 10 on a Windows 7 laptop.
Hi The best Virus protector is the one that works the best for you. I'm running Window Defender and Malwarebytes Pro on my laptop. I'm running W10.

Back