Internet Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabears

As of a month ago, I have been using my Roommates router to connect to the internet. As of recent i have been getting disconnected from the internet while he is still on the internet. I would get disconnected and then a few seconds later i would be reconnected. Sometimes i would be disconnected for longer periods of time and i would restart in order to connect again. My local area connection icon in the lower right hand corner of my screen would say i'm still connected though. But then sometimes the icon would say nothing is connected when i have the ethernet cable connected. I would take out and put the ethernet cable back in and it would say i'm connected again. I've run several virus scans to see if I have a virus. I've switched ethernet cables. I've asked my roommate everytime is he downloading something and he says no. I've run out of ideas what it could be, unless my roommate is lying to me.

you need the make/model/version of the following:
the router you are sharing
your mates NIC adaptor
your NIC adaptor​
then find the vendor's site, go to support or downloads
and look for FIRMWARE that might be available.

DOWNLOAD the latest revision for each of the above.

Update your NIC immediately and discuss what you've found with your mate.

Another easy thing to try is to put as known good cable on your PC and then try to use it on different sockets in the router. Once in a while, I have seen a problem with one socket in the router that has gone bad.

Thank you for all your help. I have now realized the problem. I tried all of your suggestions but none of it helped because my roommate lied to me and was downloading stuff. Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back