TechSpot

Internet wont work on laptop

By lukev
Sep 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. My internet wont work, ive tried using both crome and IE but both browsers say that I am not connected to the internet despite the fact my computer says that I am connected to the internet. I know its not a network problem because my other devices are connecting fine. Also I tried connecting to the wifi at home and at school and it still does not work. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6390b and I am using windows 7. This problem started occurring after about 4 months disuse of my laptop which I think might be a factor as to why its not working. I have run windows updater and run a scan with my antivirus but still nothing helps. Thank you for any assistance in advance.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Have you kept up and installed all the Windows 7 updates and are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

3. lukev

lukev TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was able to fix the problem a week ago, thanks for the response though

4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,308   +617

Great - - now it is your turn to be a contributor(y) - - share with us what you did that resolved the problem - - Please!!

5. lukev

lukev TS Rookie Topic Starter

I got help on a different website, I did the following to fix my problem.

Open a command prompt as administrator

Type each one of the following commands:

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ip reset reset.log

Now restart your computer.