IP address is DNS address

Oz1956

I don't know if this is an issue or if it's normal. My brother and I play mmorgs together and share an internet connection. We recently upgraded to a faster modem with router built in and when we signed into the game, we got a messaged stating we were signing in from a different IP address. It showed the old address and the new address, but it wasn't our actual IP address, it was the DNS address of our Internet service provider. And the address was the same for both of our computers. Wouldn't this cause some problems if we're playing under the same address. I find I get d/c'd from the game if I just stand around and do nothing. I get a message "Global Allocation Error". I 've researched this and still can't find anything about it that makes any sense to me. Was wondering if it was because of the IP address being the ISP's DNS address?

Thank you. It wouldn't of bothered me, because I've never seen the address that our computers send out, until now. I was just worried that we weren't sharing our connection as we should. You have put my mind at ease.

Back