IP Numbers

By Tweakster
May 18, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hear that soon we will all have a personnal ip number. IP version 4 or something similar? Is this a good thing?
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Where did you hear that?
    There are too many people for individual IPv4 numbers. IPv6 could do. But I still doubt that.
    It's a Bad Thing if something like this happens.
  3. Tedman

Tedman Newcomer, in training Posts: 61

I believe its IPv6.

www.ipv6.org Has further information I presume. Some people think that IP numbers will be alot harder to memorize using ipv6.
  4. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

in so many ways dotted hex is much more efficient than dotted decimal. I am looking forward to ipv6 a great deal.
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,197   +228

There are some great explanations of how to easily and quickly read hex - lemme see if I can find them and post it here - it's pretty awesome!

LNCPapa
  6. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Please do so! As hex otherwise looks more or less like gibberish to me... Would be nice to know how to read it... :)
  7. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

You won't get your own personal IP unless you pay for it. You do, ya know ;)
    Reading Hexadecimal
    Is this what you were talking about Pappy?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.