IQ Test

By Nic
Jul 14, 2003
Post New Reply
  1. For those that want a little fun, here's a free IQ test to keep you entertained. I just did mine. Prepare to be surprised. Its quite short with only 40 multiple choice questions, so it should take about 15 mins.

IQ Test

This reads like an advert because it was taken from an advert, but it is fun. Enjoy. :)

quote:
    The Original IQ Test
    What's Your IQ?

Welcome to Emode's world-famous IQ Test — the most thorough and scientifically accurate IQ Test on the Web. Previously offered only to corporations, schools, and certified professionals — it's now available to you directly from Emode.

It's free, it's private and it's developed by PhDs.

At the end of the test, you will get your IQ score and Intellectual Type absolutely FREE! You also will be able to PURCHASE your 15-page, in-depth PHD-certified Personalized IQ Report — which includes an Expand Your Mind eBook — for one low price!
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,458   +288

Well what was your score? I took mine a while back. 127
  3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Funnily enough, I got 127 as well.

That's the top 7% of the people who have been IQ test, from what I just read.

I've scored better (tonight was not really caring anyway and had had a "yogurt" earlier... :) ) but that's what I got as well.
  4. XtR-X

XtR-X Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,040

I got 131 and I kid you not, I'm smart but just lazy.

Heh, only half way through high school....

I was reading that 75% of the population has an IQ of 110 or lower.
  5. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 583

Note : I'm not a native english speaking person so my IQ score may be lowered because of that :p hehehe

My IQ score is 131 :D

6. DigitAlex

Btw phant (for example), it would be cool to find some computer knowledge test that should give you some score after asking all types of questions, hardware, software, development, history, networking etc etc ... just an idea
  7. XtR-X

Visual Mathematician is exactly what I got too.

Hey, but that's awesome for someone who speaks English not as a first language.
  8. DigitAlex

;) thanx a lot

my english is fluent enough for that i guess, and people on the boards almost never noticed my mistakes (or at least i hope so :p) my mother tongue is russian but im french/russian bilingual ...
  9. DigitAlex

Here are some stats about IQs, but from a french website

Here's a gaussian curve of the distribution of IQs

[​IMG]

65% have an IQ between 85 and 115
    50% have more than 100
    5% have 125
    2% have 130
    1/100 0 have 145
    1/100 000 have 175
  10. Goofy Newfie

Goofy Newfie Newcomer, in training Posts: 211

129 here......is that good? It says I'm a Precision Processor. If only it knew the real me! Ha ha!
  11. SNGX1275

If you score above 100 you are above average.

I imagine almost everyone that posts here is above average.

12. Justin

Justin Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,595

Too bad that test is nothing at all like the true, administered IQ test, which is rather grueling.

I took the emode one ages ago... and it was pathetic. I find it just a little bit humorous, however, that everyone who takes the emode "IQ" test scores fairly high (>110). Makes ya wonder...

An IQ of 100 is supposed to be an "average" score, as DA's graph shows above.
  13. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,284   +262

Pappy got a 135 - Visual Mathematician. I wonder if this thing goes up to 200?
  14. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Too lazy to take that test. The last three tests I took I got 120, 140, and I believe a 133 or so?

Went in the Marines when I was 17, and got a 68 on the ASVAB, and 107 on the General Technology portion of the test (113 is highest you can get) 99 is the higest that you can get on the ASVAB if I remember correctly. 44 is average on the ASVAB.

I couldnt even count the people that got sent home cause they were too stupid and got scores like 7, or 14 on the ASVAB the night I took it. It's amazing how stupid 80% of the population is.
    Not counting the retards that drank all night before they were being shipped off, and when the breathalizer's were administered the next day they got sent home for being dipshits. The really pathetic part is, you KNOW they knew better and they sat there and laughed about it "oh I am so drunk! mannn I drunk 5 Red Dog's earlier".......

Never taken the SAT, but I've been to college. Tip for you. Dont listen to your teachers in High School. Just remember the questions on your test and get out as soon as possible. And no.. you dont need Algebra to surive in the real world. That was a bullcrap excuse. As is the rest of the BS that is spewed from teachers mouths.
  15. XtR-X

I don't want to brag but I've just got to say that---

I hadn't eaten in 3 days when I took the test. If I would have eaten something I'm positive I would have made it even higher. About 1 hour ago I just finished a footlong from Subway.

I don't want to say much more, I don't like to brag, just thought I should add that.:D
  16. XtR-X

I think I'm going to let my brain clear and let my mind sort of forget the test and I will retake it in about a month, after eating something, and see how high I can go.
  17. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

Note: To make sure that your post counts are more accurate. It is best to edit posts and add comments to them instead of creating an entirely new post.

/me looks at XtR-X :p
  18. Abraxas

Abraxas Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

I've got 131.
    I'm no native speaker and had to guess a couple of times, but I have done quite a few of those tests. It's not a particular nasty one.
    Only geniuses here, huh? :rolleyes:

For comparison:
    I usually score between 115 and 127. I've once done a serious - I'd call it - IQ test and scored 110 or something.
    But again, at that point I had some practice and it was likely too high.
    Btw, you forget about the age. That makes a huge difference at which scores are good and which are average.
  19. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I'm a "word warrior". hehe.

I've taken these things before.. And it seems that they are not very reliable. Even very respectable looking tests vary so widely in scores. I get anywhere from 110 to 152 depending on what I take. Fun nonetheless, though.
  20. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Just got mine tested my IQ is 127...lol how silly given that the fact that i have problem with probability questions and problem solving in Math. By the way, English is my second language too like DA.
  21. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,928

I got 135, and 'Visual Mathematician' like some others here.

These tests aren't very reliable as if you've seen similar questions before then your score will be higher than if you hadn't. Most of us are good at learning from past experiences, and this certainly helps. Those that spend a lot of time doing quizzes/puzzles (not me, though I do like solving *real* problems) tend to be good at this sort of thing.

Still, its all just good entertainment, so have fun and don't take it too seriously.

XTR: As to not having eaten for 3 days before taking the test, well, we've seen your photo's and don't believe you. You're a non-stop eater judging by those pics. :D Besides, there is no time limit on that test, and eating usually makes you want to take a siesta (nap) rather than making you more alert. Still that's a pretty good score you got for someone your age though. ;)

XTR's pics ...

XTR - After not eating for 3 days!
  22. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

126, and I'm a precision processor...

Not too shabby considering English isn't my native language, and there were a coule of proverbs I hadn't encountered before... :)

I wonder what'd happen if I'd chosen "no" to if I'd ever taken any scientific IQ tests before...
  23. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

I don't think that doing that particular test under the conditions that we all have is very scientific.

I am sure that there are many people here who scored 125 or above who actually have IQs in the region of 140-170!

I've certainly achieved these scores before and there are plenty of guys here I know for a fact are just as smart.
  24. DigitAlex

English is my THIRD language after Russian and French.
  25. SNGX1275

Um I'm pretty sure that this age thing everyone seems to be talking about, thats included on how the scores are figured, as well as your education level. So if you are 15 and answer the same amount of questions right I did and I'll be 23 Saturday and have completed college your score is going to be higher than mine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.