TechSpot

Irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 7

By stevemk14ebr
Jul 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I've been getting the irql error at random times lately in no apparent application, series of events, or driver updates/uninstalls. It suddenly started happening about 3 weeks ago and since I've had 5 or so crashes I did a driver verifier test and the newest 2 dumps are the verifier ones.I have done memtests for hours with no error and my cpu is watercooled so no overheating.I looked at the dumps and from what I can make out there is some sort of error with ntoskrnl.sys. I am prepared to do a full reinstall from scratch but I really would like to avoid that. I have included all the minidumps from the history of the computer, the memory managment bsod was a fluke I believe, only happened once with quite a while between the irql problem

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,934   +167

snapman.sys... Acronis snapshot program. Does this sound familiar? It is sited in the minidumps as an issue

3. stevemk14ebr

stevemk14ebr TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes I have aconis (a backup program, snapman is for try and decide feature) but would that be a cause, that was only in one dump right?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.