Is it ok to go with no fan heatsink

By Hunger_force
Aug 18, 2005
  1. I was wondering if i could replce my heatsink fan combo with a really solid copper heatsink no fan. I ask this because my pc is pretty loud and im looking for alternatives to fans.
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

There are some nice and quiet heatsink/fans on the market these days, check out

But I would never use the heatsink without the fan. Danger!

If you have the cash, you could also look into liquid cooling options. Info on the link I gave you above.

Other big noismakers are case fans and PSU fans. I just finished building my computer, and that was my priority was a little peace and quiet. My previous one almost drove me insane it was so loud.
  3. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

i agree. zalman's coolers are so quiet in operation that you wouldn't tell the difference if the fan was there or not.
  4. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Also, don't forget that if you use anything other than stock cooling on your CPU, you are giving up your warranty.
  5. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Don't tell.
  6. hondablaster

hondablaster TS Rookie Posts: 22

I got the zalman copper. Great fan. Max RPM is 2500 compared the amd 5000 RPM. They compensate by making the copper heatsink HUGE with a LARGE fan to go with it. Pretty creative.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.