Is it too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

My ASUS EN9600GT 512Mb DDR3 GFX card is running a little hot, 50-55c idle and 65-110c while playing latest games. Took it out and removed as much dirt build up around the fan as i could. Now its running around 50c idle and 60-85c underload. Is this acceptable? Can anyone reccomend a PCI Cooler that will fit my board(ASUS P5N32-E SLI)? My specs E8500 3.16Ghz, ASUS P5N32-E SLI, ASUS EN9600GT, 4Gb DDR2 677Mhz, Trust 570W PSU, Artic Frezzer Pro 7 Fan.

Dont know if this is relavent but while playing Godfather 2 for around 20mins the game is crashing my system. I have to hold the power button in for 4secs and force a reboot. only doing this with this game though so it might just be the game, any thoughts?

110C is too hot. 85C I would have thought is fine.. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers and seeing if Godfather 2 crashes still?

what are you using to read those temps? also try turning the fan speed up it will help alot

I am using Realtemp 3.0 and also ASUS Smartdoctor there are both reporting the same readings. If i up the fan speed manually how far should i turn it up? Above 85% it sounds like it does when you boot the pc about 2000rpms! Wont this burn out the fan? GFX drivers are the latest.

I would just turn the fan speed up until it stays below 80.

85 isn't too bad, but of course, its not going to heal your card. I wouldn't really worry about it though.

Iv heard you ideally want to be 60 or below, but must be below 90 or you can have some major problems. If increasing your fan speed does not help, leave your case open, if that does not do enough, point a small house hold fan at you computer with the case open, it will cool you down dramatically. Heat problems can definitely cause those crashes. At least use my suggestion as a temporary solution. This rig has been running that way for over 3 years. My brothers rig has been running that way for about 2 and a half. If you choose to do this and your rig is on the ground, elevate it by putting a book or something under it so its a little bit above ground level to minimize on dust build up. Another thing, hot air rises, if your computer is up high put it on the ground, if its next to your monitor move it away from your monitor. I live in arizona and it gets damn hot over here :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back