Is my Videocard fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphmex

Hello, im having a problem here, and im afraid i fried my videocard or something, let me explain myself:

I`ve been doing ok with my videocard, i use to overclock a little bit to get better performance in top games.
Yesterday when i was playing COD4 my monitor went black and it showed "out of range" message, a message from my monitor, not my computer. So i had to restart.
I tried several times to play and suddenly it showed again that message.

Then i open up my pc, and clean fans and stuff, and i could play again several times with no problem.

But today i start my PC and i can´t see anything on my monitor, it just says "No signal".
I disconnect the monitor and it shows "no connection" so, the monitor is ok, and the cable too, theres a problem with the videocard, it is properly connected and its fan is working, but i cant get no signal.

Now im using my computer with the onboard video, cause i couldnt make the videocard to work again.

I tried reinstalling and updating drives, checking again connections, AGP slot, etc.

I just recieve the message "no signal" when i connect the monitor to my AGP.

What could be happening? is my videocard dead???

THanks, heres the specs:

Pentium D 3.4
1 GB RAM
Two IDE HDs
AGP Radeon X1300 Videocard

Thanks guys!

Ralphmex.

Physically reseat?

Zenosincks said:
Try physically reseating the card and then running it at it's default clock frequency...

Hello, what do you mean by physically reseat my videocard? is there a way?

Thankx,

Ralph.

I mean, remove the card from it's slot and then place it back in. Don't confuse "reseat" with "reset" if that's what you're doing....

I did reseat it several times

Ralphmex said:
Hello, what do you mean by physically reseat my videocard? is there a way?

Thankx,

Ralph.

Sorry, i did not read well, yes, i did reseat it several times, with no success

It's hard to reset the frequency without replacing the cards bios. I assume that when you said you over clocked the card, you used ATITool right? Make sure that you have a secure power connection going into your card, can you also tell us what Powersupply you have and the make of your card.

Did you overclock the system or the graphics card? Hard to tell from your post. If you overclocked the system, try resetting the BIOS using the motherboard jumper or simply reverting to defaults. Otherwise, you could be right the videocard is fried. If you happen to have a spare laying around you might try using it to confirm.

I overclocked only the videocard

Stick'o ram said:
It's hard to reset the frequency without replacing the cards bios. I assume that when you said you over clocked the card, you used ATITool right? Make sure that you have a secure power connection going into your card, can you also tell us what Powersupply you have and the make of your card.

Exactly, i´ve been using ATITool for overclocking, i overclocked only the videocard, not the entire system.

I have a 500W PSU, and the make of my videocard is VisionTek

Yes, i then tried to use it with no overclocking at all.

Did i fried it? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back