Is the ASUS A7V333 KT333 overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackieChanIsGOD

Um...
When i get some new cooling for my cpu, i wanne overclock it...
My motherboard supports up to 266 fsb... My cpu has a 266 fsb...
So when i up the fsb in the BIOS, is it safe for it to go higher than what the mother board can handle? Will it make any difference at all, harm the mobo or the processor, or not boot up at all?
I have 256 megs of Samsung PC2700 DRR RAM that i heard does well when overclocked... and i will be upgrading to 768 of that soon...
If you see any compatibility issues, or need more specific specs, let me know...

Thanks...

Of course it can. Pretty much any modern system board can overclock, to a certain degree, it's usually the CPU or memory that's the limiting factor.

Not the best board, but works

Depending on the Chip you have AMD likes to lock the multiplier wich makes it difficult at times to get a solid overclock. On the A7v333 mobo it has a feature on the mobo itself to manually change the FSB so you dont have to worry about booting to bios, if you go to far, it wont boot at all. This method is safer and fasterthan changing bios as if you go to far and "F" it up, you need to clear CMOS. For overclocking i like Abit mobo's. Any OC'ing questions email me, i push my CPU and GPU to the limits all the time on every PC i own.
jimaymay@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back