Is there a program that could recover cdkeys that r stored somewhere in ure registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazazoom

Hey all,
I'm not all too sure if this is the right place to post this kind of question. I've looked at other threads but nothing similar to this situation..I guess since its game related it should be ok... I'm looking for a program...or a way to recover my cd key from Warcraft 3 frozen throne. I have the game and i play it but i want to format my computer..I can't find the key anywhere..so this is pretty much my last chance. I dont think im going to format it without getting that cd key :p DOTA FTW! I tried googling things like cd key recovery, serial key/number recovery programs...:(
I'm still looking, there might be one that could recover all cd keys for games you've installed on your own computer.

Cheers!

the Cdkey is found printed on the manual cover, or sometimes on a label inside the Cd box, if your using a copied version of the game forget it no one is going to help you,

hes not asking for cd-key only recovery program and maybe he lost his case and manual and isnt the best at keeping things tidy.

Smokey-06 said:
hes not asking for cd-key only recovery program and maybe he lost his case and manual and isnt the best at keeping things tidy.

That may be so but there is no way of knowing if that is true or not, so he's on his own i already told him where the cd-key can be found that is far as he can be helped without doing something illegal.

You can download Everest Ultimate Edition, it lists all the cd keys stored on your computer.

I'd like to know how any of this is illegal... He wants to retrieve a cd key for a game he already has installed on the computer. He's getting his own stuff. If he's been playing this game in the past online, then obviously he has his own legitimate cd key. I have the same problem as him. My old computer is dying and I'm installing my games on my new one. But, I can't find my starcraft CD (only broodwar, grrrrr) so I can't install it on my new comp. For some reason I found that I had made a copy of the starcraft cd but I didn't write the cd key on it. I must have been too young to understand the concept of cd-keys at the time. If I could somehow retrieve the cd-key from my old comp then I could install the game that I had previously purchased onto my new comp. I don't see what's illegal here.

Yeh, and I lost my AutoCAD 2008 license too....

See?

That is why, we have no way to know whether you are telling the truth or not. Its your first post here, surely there were hundreds of other places online you could have gone to that don't have problems with giving information that could be used to steal cd keys from someone elses computer.

Nobody said it was illegal to provide this information, it was just said that techspot doesn't condone piracy and we'd rather not have that information spread on our site. There are plenty of other places online you can go to obtain that type of information though.

Wow, I only lost my Solidworks, AutoDesk Architecture and Revit....

But I think we should still be able to help him.

Dude, StarDORK is EXTREMELY CHEAP now adays. If it pains you that much that you can't spend $10 on a new code, then I fel sorry for you.

Seriously, you have to look at this from our side. We help you get this key.....then your neighbor hacks into your computer and steals your key using what we told you.......now you are back where you were when you asked the question.

There are legitimate questions, and ones that go the wrong way. This happens to be one that goes the wrong way.

Sorry we cannot help you........

BTW, Hope to see you around TechSpot, and
:wave:Welcome to Techspot :wave:

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back