TechSpot

Is this a good computer?

By MR DRIFTER 21
Jan 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. QUICK INTRO:
    Hey guys I just joined this site seems like you guys have a wealth of knowledge about all thing computers! I know a lot about cars, and most electronics but computers are the one thing I'm not fluent in, I know the basics but now adays like others have said its not all about the ghz speed or how big the numbers are. My mother is looking for a good all purpose laptop with price in mind. She has a gift card to use at best buy otherwise I would get something from a cheaper less overhead type of place. As far as mainstream laptop brands go HP has always been good to me. I wanted your guys opinion on this if possible.

TRIED TO KEEP IT SHORT:
    (sorry if that's a long post of details I copy/pasted and deleted a lot like dementions and built in speakers speakers etc...)

MY QUESTION:
    Let me know if this is a good deal or a good computer from what I know the ddr3 and GBs look good processors are what I know less about, if you guys can spot me some advice I'd highly appreciate it, normally I strike out or hit on my own but it for my mother and I just want her to get her monies worth since she doesn't have a lot! Thanks for your time!

THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION:
    HP 2000-2d60dx Specifications
    (Price $330 new)

Operating System
    Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor
    AMD A6-5200 quad-core APU (2.0GHz, 2MB Level 2 cache)

Display
    15.6-inch
    1366 x 768 pixels
    LED backlit BrigtView

Graphics Card
    AMD Radeon HD 8400

Storage
    500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)

System Memory
    4GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Expandable up to 8GB

Optical Drive
    Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW

Inputs & Controls
    Touchpad with multitouch gestures
    Keyboard with 10-key numpad

I/O
    3 x USB 2.0
    1 x HDMI output
    1 x RJ45
    1 x VGA
    1 x audio-in
    1 x audio-out

Slots
    Secure Digital card reader

Communication
    802.11b/g/n 1x1 wireless LAN
    10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN

Camera
    TrueVision HD webcam with digital microphone

Power
    3-cell Li-ion battery

Software
    Box with 25GB of free storage
    Amazon Kindle for PC
    CyberLink PowerDVD
    Microsoft Office 365 1-month trial

Security
    Security lock slot
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,980   +1,487

It is strange seeing faster Wireless than Ethernet and USB ports. I myself have stopped looking at devices that didn't have 10/100/1000 Ethernet and USB 3.0 ports. But thats just me as I would likely use those ports. The rest of the specifications seem fine for the price they are asking.

HP - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black Licorice
  3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,953   +900

That is a good deal for $330.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.