Is this a good computer?

QUICK INTRO:
Hey guys I just joined this site seems like you guys have a wealth of knowledge about all thing computers! I know a lot about cars, and most electronics but computers are the one thing I'm not fluent in, I know the basics but now adays like others have said its not all about the ghz speed or how big the numbers are. My mother is looking for a good all purpose laptop with price in mind. She has a gift card to use at best buy otherwise I would get something from a cheaper less overhead type of place. As far as mainstream laptop brands go HP has always been good to me. I wanted your guys opinion on this if possible.

TRIED TO KEEP IT SHORT:
(sorry if that's a long post of details I copy/pasted and deleted a lot like dementions and built in speakers speakers etc...)

MY QUESTION:
Let me know if this is a good deal or a good computer from what I know the ddr3 and GBs look good processors are what I know less about, if you guys can spot me some advice I'd highly appreciate it, normally I strike out or hit on my own but it for my mother and I just want her to get her monies worth since she doesn't have a lot! Thanks for your time!

THE PRODUCT IN QUESTION:
HP 2000-2d60dx Specifications
(Price $330 new)

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit

Processor
AMD A6-5200 quad-core APU (2.0GHz, 2MB Level 2 cache)

Display
15.6-inch
1366 x 768 pixels
LED backlit BrigtView

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 8400

Storage
500GB hard drive (5400 rpm)

System Memory
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Expandable up to 8GB

Optical Drive