Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0n5t4nt

My MOBO only has one ide spot on it Right now I have a DVDRW and a HDD hooked up to it. After looking at system info I found out that since they are on the same cable they are also sharing an IRQ # Is there a way to keep them both on one cable but assign the two devices different IRQ #'s

Not without some major tweaking... but it is do-able.
But why don't you have two EIDE cables?

You could buy a PCI IDE controller or turn your IDE hard drive in for a SATA hard drive...

Ok I like the idea of SATA drive. Is there a way to mirror my old IDE to the new SATA drive so the SATA drive will then be C:/ (my boot drive) Or i s it better to just save important files on DVD and the reinstall windows and everything else on new drive?

K0n5t4nt said:
Ok I like the idea of SATA drive. Is there a way to mirror my old IDE to the new SATA drive so the SATA drive will then be C:/ (my boot drive) Or i s it better to just save important files on DVD and the reinstall windows and everything else on new drive?

I think you would be able to install the SATA hard drive then format it before you move the files from the old C drive. You would use a disk install utility like Seagates DiskWizard to format the SATA and transfer the data from the old IDE drive, to the SATA

Hey thanks for the help gonna go tomorrow and buy Sata drive looking at WD Caviar SE16 SATA HDD 250 GB, 300 MB/s, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM I can get this from local shop.

Yea Im also looking at a few HDD's myself right now and am trying to find the best deal, theres sme nice ones with 250GB 16mb cache for around $70

So just post if you found something better and where

thanks

OK sweet got the WD Caviar SE16 SATA HDD 250 GB, 300 MB/s, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM but instead of one I bought two now I have RAID 0. PC Specs are in signature I bought these for $71.99 each at a local shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back