Is this safe?...4 oc'ing i mean:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok heres my sys. emachines t3410 w/ pny 7600 gs oc'ed to 450/900, 2gb corsair xms, sempron64 2.01ghz 3400+ (754). naturally i've got nada in the bios department so i oc'ed the proc w/ something called "ClockGen" to 2297 MHz. pi to A million places went from 42 s. to 37s. prime95 and folding@home both run stable as well. load temp is 66 whcih sounds high but i haven't had any issues....what I want to know i guess is does any1 else have experience w/ this app.?

You have that computer nicely loaded woith a lot of the right stuff, but I must tell you the T-3410 has a high failure record, and its motherboards are known to fail for unknown reasons.
To overclock that unit only pushes up the date of death, in our experience. Your temperature is too high for such a basic, budget machine... so I would watch it very carefully.
What is the power supply. Some people (not me) believe that changing power supplies to a more reliable brand and more stable power regulation can help extend the life of the computer.
With the investment you already have in that unit, I would look at migrating to a better board in a better box.

hey thanx for the input! I'm not sure what model the psu is....350w tho. yea I've been thinking about buying an old 939 board. asus has an SLI board on neweeg for around 130. FX-55 for 130 as well. is this a good investment or should i buy the new stuff? I mean I could always go FX-60 right? (right?)

lazychief said:
I've been thinking about buying an old 939 board. asus has an SLI board on neweeg for around 130. FX-55 for 130 as well. is this a good investment or should i buy the new stuff? I mean I could always go FX-60 right? (right?)
You can get a 939 Opteron 165 for not much more and go dual core. Some of the 165's are awesome overclockers. Mine dose 3ghz on air cooling. 939 is dead, but with the price of RAM it's still good choice if you have some good DDR.

Load temp of 66c in an eMachines is extremely high... Even if it is the video graphics PCI card, it is simply too high for that low budget home machine.

One of these may fix you problem,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185125
I wonder if all your fans are working? Even with that overclock I don't know how it could get that hot, especially with no added Vcore. OEM mobos don't have good senors so it my just be a wrong reading--I bet that is it and I'd just ignore it. At worst it will just shorten the life of the system. I'd imagine it get about as hot at the stock clocks anyway.

Never bet on heat in that model of eMachine. The readings are usually high anyway, but accurate as any... The system board and cooling system just cannot take it, even if you upgrade your power.

Overclocking can lessen the life of any computer, and to OC an Emachines just seems silly because an Emachines life span has to be the lowest in the computer industry already. There's nothing like throwing away money is there :(

These cards can go to 85c on load and be ok,

If it gets that hot and you want to OC also, You need modded cooling like a Zalman or somethin,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back