TechSpot

Is this strange or something else?

By brianinlfc
Apr 29, 2008
  1. Hi guys,
    I just got a new Q9300 Intel Processor. I was afraid it might not work on my 680i LT mobo, because it was a 45nm one. I was skeptical about it because I read in some forums that some ppl could not get it to work on their 680i LT mobo.

Anyways here’s the problem.
    In my CPU-Z it is showing me that my core speed is 2000Mhz and my multiplier is 6x
    when I am sure and I did it twice in my BIOS it was 2500Mhz and the multiplier was 7.5x
    [​IMG]
    But then the others are showing me this…
    [​IMG]
    and this..
    [​IMG]

Everything else is showing me 2.5Ghz… is there a problem with CPU-Z ? Or is that suppose to be correct?

2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,638

turn off options that the BIOS has for power saving will fix that but if u leave it the way it is, it will go full power as soon as anything is done. another word is do not worry about it unless u are over clocking. it is fine, and no there is not something wrong with CPU-Z if u had watched it when u were testing with 3DMARK06 it would have showd it at full speed.

3. brianinlfc

brianinlfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Nice, Thank you!

4. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

5. brianinlfc

brianinlfc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 54

Im sorry but this might seem stupid... I cant seem to find a option for the power saving fix. And I will be overclocking this CPU to at least 3.0 Ghz ... so any help will be apperciated :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.