Is this strange or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianinlfc

Hi guys,
I just got a new Q9300 Intel Processor. I was afraid it might not work on my 680i LT mobo, because it was a 45nm one. I was skeptical about it because I read in some forums that some ppl could not get it to work on their 680i LT mobo.

Anyways here’s the problem.
In my CPU-Z it is showing me that my core speed is 2000Mhz and my multiplier is 6x
when I am sure and I did it twice in my BIOS it was 2500Mhz and the multiplier was 7.5x
1-1.jpg

But then the others are showing me this…
2.jpg

and this..
3.jpg

Everything else is showing me 2.5Ghz… is there a problem with CPU-Z ? Or is that suppose to be correct?

turn off options that the BIOS has for power saving will fix that but if u leave it the way it is, it will go full power as soon as anything is done. another word is do not worry about it unless u are over clocking. it is fine, and no there is not something wrong with CPU-Z if u had watched it when u were testing with 3DMARK06 it would have showd it at full speed.

nickc said:
turn off options that the BIOS has for power saving will fix that but if u leave it the way it is, it will go full power as soon as anything is done. another word is do not worry about it unless u are over clocking. it is fine, and no there is not something wrong with CPU-Z if u had watched it when u were testing with 3DMARK06 it would have showd it at full speed.

Im sorry but this might seem stupid... I cant seem to find a option for the power saving fix. And I will be overclocking this CPU to at least 3.0 Ghz ... so any help will be apperciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back