ISHOST and ISMINI problems, help appreciated, thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I found your site and read many threads here for about two hours, and you seem to be very helpful people, so perhaps someone can help.

I read this thread here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic54829.html
and so I already DLed HJT and performed a scan and saved the file and attached it here.

I know next to nothing about computers. I noticed problems with my computer today with the internet connection, and obviously something is there which creates its own connection to the net. I dont know how it got there, perhaps my son was using the computer.

If anybody can help me with instructions that I can understand, I will be most grateful, thank you very much in advance.

PS. I live in Germany and some of the terms I do not know in English (although I am fluent), hope this is not a big problem.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of onomastikon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

OK, thank you very much.

I did as ordered, at least to the best of my ability. I had some problem with that site for Ad-Aware (lavasoft).

In any case, I have no idea how to analyse the log files I am attaching, but at least I do not see (at the moment) ISHOST or ISMINI in the processes.

I am, however, including a screenshot of one of the symptoms I had seen in the last two days which was still on my machine: A setup for an internet connection called "0202" -- I think some dialer did this, automatically putting it there even if I delete it.

My machine is only up and running for about 15 minutes now since finishing the instructions you told me to do and my posting now, so maybe it is too early to say that the other symptoms are gone?

In any case, thank you for your help and your reply regarding my attached logs. Thanks!

Attachments

• DFÜscreenshot1.JPG
    DFÜscreenshot1.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 5
Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of onomastikon only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very much! Then your instructions did the trick. Thank you!

You may want to consider rechecking the link to that Ad-Aware page -- the software to which you link is not free....

all the best
-o

No problem mate.

I`ve changed the link to Ad-Aware se personal.

Well you helped me so much already, I hate to pester you again, but I think I may have done a boo-boo:

- I have that AVG software up and running, and turned the shield on (why not?), but unforuntately, I cannot update the damn thing, here's why: I DLed it and installed it just like you said on that page whose instructions I followed, but there you said not to run it yet (that step came later), but before I could really do anything it wanted to make an update, and my Norton gave me the warning "Program xxxx is trying to access the internet, what do you want to do? Always block this program from all ports (recommended)" or sometihng like that, and I must have clicked "ok".
Fine. But now I cannot find out how to turn off that rule.
I know I am an *****, but I am sure that it is my fault that I cannot update the AVG now; when I try, it says error trying to access the server -- sure, because I told Norton that it isn't allowed to.
Do you know how I can change that back?? I cant see that option anywhere....
thanks so much
best
-o

I can`t help you with Norton as I`ve never used it.

There will be a way of allowing something you`ve disallowed. You`ll need to read the instructions.

Maybe some of our other members will be able to Help there.

I suppose you could try uninstalling and reinstalling AVG Antispyware and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back