Issue with Dark and Light settings in forums mode

Neatfeatguy

You guys have had issues with the white and dark background settings for a while. I thought maybe it was an issue on my home computer because I haven't allowed Google Chrome to update for the past 6 months (because of reasons), but when I pull up Firefox (got it updated to most recent) it has the same issues.

Here's an image of what the dark background looks like for me:
dark setting.PNG

Here's what the white background looks like for me:
white setting.PNG

If I click on a story from the homepage, everything works just fine. But if I go into the forum mode, that's where I have issues. Again, it's an issue on two different browsers on two different computers that I've tried. I even cleared out cookies and cache on one of the computers, but the issue remains.

Can you try incognito or clearing cache for TechSpot? The dark mode is not perfect but we've been working on making it better for the past 3 weeks, and have opened it up to become a default if your OS/browser is set to dark mode.

Issue doesn't change for me when I'm logged into Techspot, even after clearing the cache again. This issue happens using Firefox and Chrome. I never used Firefox with techspot until today so there was nothing cached for the site under Firefox and the same issue I have on Chrome is happening with Firefox.

When I'm logged in this is what I see in the forums part of the site.

Logged in, dark mode:
Logged-in, black.PNG

Logged in, white mode:
Logged-in, white.PNG

Here is what I see if I log out of my account.

Logged out, dark mode:
Logged-out, black.PNG

Logged out, white mode:
Logged-out, white.PNG

I've been unable to replicate what you are seeing (tried 4 different browsers with no previous cache on them), BUT I have one remaining idea of what could be the problem and have made that change now that should only affect a small group of users who were logged in before and had set the previous dark mode in their account settings. Please let me know if that made any difference for you. Thanks.

I went through the same steps I tried before your change:
I logged out of the site again.
Cleared the cache again.
Closed the browser.
Opened the brower.
Logged in.

Things are working correctly now. Thank you for the assist.

Back