TechSpot

Issue with Windows 7

By PConnolly346
Feb 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I believe my computer is clean of viruses or malware however when I go into computer none of the folders are loading. The options computer, homegroup, libraries, and favorites show up but with magnifying glasses hovering over them and they don't load. Whenever I have to go to a specific folder, instead of navigation through my computer I have to search for the folder names. This also seems to affect my download speed. Something is going on, can anyone help? I appreciate your help in advance
  2. Cerf

Cerf TS Rookie Posts: 31

A screenshot of the situation would help. Anyway this does sound like a virus of some sort. Run a microsoft malicious software removal tool and a Malwarebytes tool.
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Scan your system to assure you have no dangerous infestations, then insert the drive onto an external cable, or insert drive into a USB-connected external enclosure... when the files are safe, use Windows to do a repair install, to clean up windows, if you think it is necessary.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.