issues with my games, the screen lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingguy27

This is a werid problem, i have a nice screen and a 6800Ultra, yet i get little tares and lags on the screen when i look around quickly. This is more noticible on Doom3 and cs-source, it is not linked with fps becuase i average 100Fps on cs-source and 65fps on doom3. So whats up? ive updated my drivers and have the latest forceware, this has also happend on my old FX5200, and 9700 (using the same screen)

Thanks, Alex

Lcd Right ?

LCD monitor ? Has this monitor done this since you have owned it ? How long have you had the monitor ? What is the monitor model ???? If it has done it since you owned it Im assumning that you baught one with a response time of more then 18ms 12-18 is optimal for gaming but still does not compair to a CRT (Standard TV Monitor). If it is an older model remember that they were first designed to save space in the office...where a fast response time is not needed for office programs......but when they became mainstream in the home and for gamers they had to boost the response time to not get video shadowing/trailors in games.....

I am not an expert on LCD"S but know the basics so if anyone has anything to add to my most likley choppy comment go right ahead.....

Not good for gaming

"If I were to level a criticism at the 150P2, it would be at its slightly disappointing vertical viewing angles; but having said that, horizontal viewing angles are close to the best I've seen. Also, to be very finicky, playing 3D games highlighted fractionally slow response times. Despite this, the 150P2 is still easily the best panel I've used for running 3D multimedia and video."
----Also, to be very finicky, playing 3D games highlighted fractionally slow response times------

Thats the best I got from a review site....your response time is is right around 28ms-30ms.

Phillips dont even make that monitor anymore or any other 15's from what their web site says......

Ebay it off and get a better model or even a nice 19 inch CRT for a fraction of the cost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back