Issues with my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam unable to open most of the exe except firefox. After I open a program, it starts up for sometime and automatically closes.

I have a log of Hijackthis attached.

My system was attacked by system security 2009 virus, which I removed by uninstalling it by running in safe mode and cleaned most of the registry entries.

Yes, you do have some problems. And in a rare moment for me, going along with what you told me you "can't" do, I suggest this:

You'll need to find your Windows XP installation disk. I don't see any other way. You have indications of multiple infections, Symantec is configured as home pages, you also have Kaspeesky which is all messed up, a Vundo infection and more:

Once you find your XP installation disk:

You will need to go into the Recovery Console. To do this, follow these steps:

• * Insert your Windows XP CD into your CD drive.
    * Shutdown your computer.
    * Turn on your computer, and immediately press f12
    * Keep on rapidly pressing f12. You should get a one time boot screen. Use the arrow keys and choose your CD rom drive.
    o Note: If you get to the windows login screen, you have gone too far. Shut the computer down and try again.
    * You should then get a box that says: press any key to boot to the cd...
    * Make sure you press a key quickly!
    * You should now get a blue screen with white text. Allow the CD to load. This may take some time.
    * You will then be presented with the recovery console.
    * You should see this text:
    * Press the "R" button to enter Recovery Console.

If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. When prompted, type the Administrator password. (If there is no administrator password, just press the enter key)

You should now be at the prompt.

You will need to enter the following text in bold exactly as it is. (d being the letter assigned to your CDROM. If it's different on your system, make the necessary adjustment):

expand d:\i386\userinit.ex_ c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe

*press Enter. If it asks you if you want to overwrite, click "y" to replace it.
Next, type exit to exit the command prompt and restart your computer. Let me know if windows loaded successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back