Japanese Internet vs. North American Internet

Japanese is fast, reliable and reasonably priced. Not many other countries can boast that. Least of all the 3rd world internet nation of AUSTRALIA!! worst internet in the world. slow, overpriced and hardly reliable. recent performance tables placed Australia below many AFRICAN nations on the scale of speed vs reliability vs price. i wish i lived in Japan!!

The link is right. The population density there is much much greater than in North America. It would cost billions of dollars to bring that speed to everyone in North America, probably closer to trillions.

I live in a town of about 20,000. For local telephone, cable TV (with a few hd channels), and 5M down/512k up internet I pay $137 a month. My parents live outside a smaller town 50 miles away and can't get broadband at all without a satellite connection which I believe is around $80 just for the internet part, and the speeds are much slower than what I even get. Yet you go to St. Louis and they can get much faster internet speeds than I at much lower prices.

.....Yet you go to St. Louis and they can get much faster internet speeds than I at much lower prices.

Very true. I have the 10MB down/1MB up and cable tv with all HD & Movie for $115/month. Yet I wish there was more competition because I can only get cable or satellite, and I DO NOT want satellite.

Back