Javascript errors / flash player

By saju.s
Feb 10, 2008
  1. Hello all,
    i am saju and i am facing some issues with my laptop. Please find more details below. I hope someone in this forum would have experienced a similar issue and hoping to get some help.
    System details :
    model : toshiba satellite a205
    processor: inter core t5300 @1.73ghz
    memory: 1014 mb system
    type: 32-bit operating system
    interner explorer : version 7
    adobe flash player plugin : version

1. Java script links are not working using ie 7 i am able to browse the normal links but on clicking the java script links nothing happens. For example, i am able to browse the links on but not able to access the “news”, “business”, “movies” tabs etc. No errors are displayed. On click of these links nothing happens.

2. When i try to view a video from youtube it gives the error message : hello, you either have javascript turned off or an old version of adobe's flash player. Get the latest flash player. I have uninstalled the flash player and reinstalled the latest version of the flash player. Still it doesn’t work. I am able to view the videos from firefox without any problems.

3. In yahoo messenger, i am not able to see the chat. When i click on the audibles, i get the following error. Audibles require the latest version of flash. Please exit messenger and then open it again after you have upgraded flash i have tried reinstalling flash player several times. But the error still comes.

All these problems are due to java scripts / flash player. I have enabled the active x controls in security settings and scripting has also been enabled. The popup blocker is disabled and i have mcafee installed in my machine. I am not able to view the menus of mcafee as well due to flash player issues.

Any help to solve these issues are highly appreciated.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.