Javascript/Flash will not come back in FF

By billyellis
Mar 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. When all the dire warnings about Java came out, I unchecked the "enable javascript in the browser" option and probably changed some other settings that seemed likely to restrict java from running (e.g., NoScript, AdBlockPlus, FF settings, etc.).

Now when I try to reenable Java several updates later, flash video will not play in FF no matter what I do or how many times I reinstall/update software or components.

Does anyone know of a master list posted anywhere of all possible settings in various programs/plugins that could possibly be responsible for blocking java implementation?? I assume since nothing I have done to turn it back on seems to work that I have forgotten some obscure checkbox somewhere that is preventing video from playing in my browser now, and it is driving me freaking nuts that I can't figure out what the problem is. Help!

EDIT: I don't know if this could be related in any way, but I can no longer drag the little globe icon to the left of the URL in the address bar to create shortcuts any more either.

BTW I am running TeaTimer which has been known to block settings changes, and IE which I never use also will not play video either, which is why I am thinking it is a Java/Flash issue rather than a FF or FF add-on issue.

Windows SP Home SP3, AvastFree, Spybot, Comodo - all fully up to date (as is Java)
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,018   +220

Yes, first disable TeaTimer.
  3. billyellis

billyellis TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 180

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that did not change anything. Anyone know of a site dealing with the Java security issue that might have such a listing of all the settings that are related to Java functioning?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.