Jerry Yang resigns from all his positions at Yahoo

By Leeky
Jan 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo’s co-founder and former CEO Jerry Yang has announced he is resigning from all his posts at the company to pursue other interests.

Read the whole story
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

If only he walked away and sold his shares 12 years ago... would have been like 10 times richer lol.
  3. ..ya who...?
  4. I am always surprised to see Yahoo still around, quite a useless company tbh.
  5. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Evangelist Posts: 1,293   +55

Everyone with att dsl internet uses yahoo email.
  6. blueskull85

blueskull85 TS Rookie

att overprices and give crappy internet in return.
  7. Yahoo is actually very dominant in Asia so I don't see it going away anytime soon. Not only that, it seems to do very well over there. Over here... I'm still kind of upset that they closed geocities. Geocities in Asia is still up.
  8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,891   +645

Why is it company's such as RIM and Yahoo are still popular in Asia?
  9. @ Burty117
    Have you tried Yahoo! for Asia countries? There's an article about it:

Especially in Japan, Yahoo! is well integrated with many of the other things they do online.

"Yahoo Japan and its “Social Media” search with integrated blogs and tagging is a way of life here in Japan, Yahoo is the Japanese Life Engine.

Why? For one reason Japan is crazy about blogging, with nearly 10 million blogs (9,437,813 at press time) indexed in Ask Jeeves Japan Bloglines search engine (again, I’ll have Yahoo’s blog stats tomorrow). Yahoo Blogs is the premier interface for bloggers in Japan, with most blogs being personal and a large percentage of the active bloggers are females (moms and housewives), connecting via the Yahoo Japan community.

If a Japanese user blogs on Yahoo Japan, shops on Yahoo Japan, bids on Yahoo Japan Auctions, and finds local shops via Yahoo Japan Local, roots for the Fukuoka Hawks baseball team which plays in the Yahoo Dome, and has Yahoo BB as their ISP, chances are they will highly enjoy having Yahoo Japan as their default search engine in the Firefox browser."

So although the article is old (2005) and there are a lot of shits to other blogging sites and platforms, Yahoo! still remain integrated with many other things they usually do online. It's just like how over here Google is everywhere.