Jimmy Kimmel tells people this $20 Casio watch is Apple's new iWatch

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Every now and again, late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel likes to play pranks on unsuspecting people out on Hollywood Boulevard. Many of these sketches involve the latest Apple gadget and the most recent clip embedded above is no exception.

Kimmel sends an interviewer out with Apple's new iWatch. Except of course, said device doesn't officially exist yet. Instead, ordinary citizens are shown a $20 Casio watch with an Apple sticker on the back.

The reactions are priceless and show why most people aren't cut out for review work.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

It's typical of iSheep. They don't realise how stupid they really are and there are so many of them.
They probably only showed clips of iSheep in this video but I would have loved to have seen the reaction of someone who is not.
Everybody's gullible but iFans take things to the next level.

It's typical of iSheep. They don't realise how stupid they really are and there are so many of them.
They probably only showed clips of iSheep in this video but I would have loved to have seen the reaction of someone who is not.
Everybody's gullible but iFans take things to the next level.

only people worse are iBabies

You could have told them anything, and some people were obviously trolling the fake interviewers.

Oh gosh Kimmel is great. You gotta love his 30% more likely to get hit by a taxi joke in the beginning xD.

I loved the broad they interviewed last, she sure doesn't strike me as a member of the Mensa Society but maybe she's an actress portraying the airhead roll. If she is then she sure fooled me.

only people worse are iBabies

You could have told them anything, and some people were obviously trolling the fake interviewers.
They obviously didn't show all the interviews, a lot of people would've seen through the scam like a pane of clear glass.

Oh gosh Kimmel is great. You gotta love his 30% more likely to get hit by a taxi joke in the beginning xD.
C'mon JC... How about giving my 1st comment a 'like', you know it's true:D
I'm just kidding you, I've excluded you from the general run of the mill iFan(y)

Kimmel didn't really do his research. Before setting the stage for this clip he said this smart watch doesn't exist right now. Currently in Canada (normally gets technology behind japan and the usa) smart watches are available with android flavors. I would imagine other parts of the world must have access to these to.

Noticed how he makes suggestions that it's Apple who are on the forefront of innovations with bigger screens, that they will debut something called a smart watch. Also how retarded are the yanks, seriously!

Kimmel didn't really do his research. Before setting the stage for this clip he said this smart watch doesn't exist right now. Currently in Canada (normally gets technology behind japan and the usa) smart watches are available with android flavors. I would imagine other parts of the world must have access to these to.
Does look if comedy is lost on you.

uhh... listening comprehension. He's saying the watch from Apple doesn't exist right now. Which is true. He never said anything about smart watches not existing.

uhh... listening comprehension. He's saying the watch from Apple doesn't exist right now. Which is true. He never said anything about smart watches not existing.

I think you need to see a previous Techspot item https://www.techspot.com/news/57531...this-20-casio-watch-is-apples-new-iwatch.html

Back