By Haaskev000
Apr 30, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. It doesn't exactly say in the terms so

Can we discus cheatcodes for gaming?

HAASKEV000
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,473   +292

For single player, certainly. For internet games no.
  3. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

okay here is another one of my dumb questions.....but why not internet games?
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,473   +292

Well I was trying to be general because I don't do any real gaming. But for an example, in Warcraft II you could type something in and get more gold. Thats what I'd consider a cheat code, or stuff for consoles. But for stuff like CS online we don't want to be telling people how to cheat/hack. I almost said singleplayer: yes multiplayer: no. But then I thought if you were playing some local lan game with your buddies that would be ok.

So maybe I should say it like this - yes, unless its a violation of the established rules of wherever you are playing.
  5. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Forum policy, I believe. It is this way on most forums.
  6. halo71

halo71 Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,289

That's cool! Guess that is what Google is for eh? ;)
  7. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,572   +9

I reckon cheat codes are like what SNGX1275 said. You type in something, and something happens. I don't think there are any cheat codes like that in multiplayer games.

Whereas, if you're talking about hacks, which are changing gamefiles, or how to scam people on the internet, thats a whole different story.

If you're not violating any rules of the game, I think its allowed here :D
  8. Haaskev000

Haaskev000 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 49

Thanks guys!

To the gaming forum I go!

HAASKEV000

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.