Solved Just want to be sure if my comp is virus/malware free

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnGabor88

Hi!

I've been having a lot of blue screens lately... and I posted a topic on it, in the proper sub-forum.
But there's not a definite answer, for now, so I'm checking everything. Now since I did a format, the chances of having a virus is very little... but still, I want to be sure!

Thanks in forward!

PS: the full system scan was done with Avast. (nothing found)
PS2: I got one blue screen when I was running Gmer, so I ran it again and this time it was ok.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-07-15 (11-27-12).txt
    879 bytes · Views: 1
  • Gmer.log
    5.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Attach.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 1
Let's run the following 2 scans. Then I can set up script to remove anything left over:

Please download ComboFix from Here and save to your Desktop.

• [1]. Do NOT rename Combofix unless instructed.
    [2].Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    [3].Close any open browsers.
    [4]. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts to run.
  • NOTE: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If it does not, restart your computer to restore your connection.
    [5]. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    [6]. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always allow.
  • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    [7]. A report will be generated after the scan. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Note: Make sure you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix..
Re-enable your Antivirus software.
===============================================
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus scan HEREhttp://www.eset.eu/online-scanner
  1. Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  2. Click Start
  3. When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  4. Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  5. Click Start
  6. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  7. Click Scan
  8. Wait for the scan to finish
  9. Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  10. A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.

In the meantime, I will check the current logs.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

EDIT: Hopefully you realize that there are many system problems that can cause the BSOD. We can eliminate or remove malware if present. Then if the BSODs continue, I will refer you to the Windows OS forum. There are numerous bugchecks in the Event Viewer and we don't do the mini dumps in this forum.

Here are the two new logs.

btw, a question what are the chances of a virus remaining on a computer after a full format?

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ESETlog.txt
    734 bytes · Views: 1
1. Now since i did a format, the chances of having a virus is very little... but still, i want to be sure!
2. what are the chances of a virus remaining on a computer after a full format?
These are 2 different issues:
1. If you reformatted/reinstall because of a malware infection and it was done properly, chances are good that the system itself will be clean. But understand getting reinfected isn't just a matter of reformatting- the second you connect to the internet, the system is vulnerable.
2. If a system is properly and thoroughly cleaned, the malware that was on the system should be gone. But if you add a file back into the system that had been infected, then it can reinfect the system.

I noticed 2 things in the Attach.txt log for DDS that might give a clue to the BSOD- since you reformatted, I have limited information:

1. 7/15/2010 12:54:17 AM, Error: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [1001] - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xc4de1438, 0x00000001, 0x828ba2b5, 0x00000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 071510-15546-01.

If you post this Event Error in the Windows OS BSOD forum, someone can help read the mini dumps and learn the driver that is causing the problem.

2. There are multiple failed updates. You will have to find the first failed update and remove it before later update will install.

Can you tell me please if you are getting or have gotten a screen that resembles this:
getimage.aspx

There is an entry in Combofix that points to this.

I have a question regarding Avast:
I see dates of 6/28 for Avast and also 7/14. There are also 2 drivers in Combofix that belonged to Avast but are indicating they are old or outdated. Did you reinstall the same version of Avast or a newer one?

Hello!

regarding the two quotes:
1. I reinstalled my computer, cause i thought i had a hardware problem. I posted a topic about this in the 'Windows BSOD, Freezing, Restarting Help' sub-forum, to rule out hardware failure, but the answer wasn't 100% ...

What happened is that, i installed my win7 32-bit, then downloaded avast from the net (this answers your last question), then i started updating windows and during the update i got a blue screen! That's why i have those failed updates... (this answers your second question)... and no, i didn't have a 100C in CoreTemp... i've been following it carefully, and it never goes above 50C!

2. ok, but what should I do, when i copy back my backup-ed files? What program should i install for anti-virus, anti-whatever? (I have my backups on a separate hard drive)

---

regarding the first question, ok i'll do that (post the mini dump, i mean)... but i still don't know, why i'm having blue screens.
is it hardware or software... : /

Anyway, i have a question, is it better to download a new avast when i install a new windows ... or ... is it better, to download it from another computer, then with a USB copy it the my system???

Thanks in forward!

I went back and read the Random BSOD thread. You need to get hands on help. There's nothing we can do in the Virus and Malware forum because you system is so unstable. My suggestion is to find a reliable computer technician and let him check out your system.

Win7 32bit, AMD Athlon 64 Dual core 4800+, 2x1GB Memory, Wacom tablet.

You have had the following BSOD:

1. Stop: 0×0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBD12B37B, 0×9FFB630, 0×00000000)
STOP 0x0000008E Error Resolution: See THIS:

2. STOP error 0x0000000A translates to the bug check code “IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” which may be caused by the following: See THIS.

3. STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x8DFB71D7,0x8A88FA0C,0x8A88F5F0)
See this Windows 7 Forum: HERE

4. Rt86win7.sys - Address 8DFB71D7 base at 8DFB1000, Datestamp 4b8fb8c9
Specific for Windows 7:
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown: See Windows 7 Forum HERE:

This is far to much to try and troubleshoot on an internet forum. You had good suggestions on the original thread, but you're having too many problems.

You mention flash, freeze, 'sometimes', 'not always' and so on but not with any specific program. I think your problems are mostly hardware related and that isn't going to be fixed by reformatting. I am also guessing there are some compatibility issues, so you need someone who can handle the whole issue together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back