KB4487017 on 1803 Update broke Audio + ...

r1066X

Updated Win 10, it broke Audio, tried resetting/reinstalling devices and many more things to no avail. It also broke Movies &TV App. PowerShell icon and other icons are now blank blue and seem corrupted. Also I cannot gain connection to Windows Update any more. I have strong security systems in place, and have run Full Scans, including Boot Scans. I have tried everything possible to fix it , except the solution.

Uninstalled that update as suggested , following those instructions,my Win 10 Home doesn't have "Paused" option, so I stopped Automatic Updates . I still have no audio, checked and updated the drivers again, Movie & TV App progress/time line is still flashing and won't play files that it did play prior to that **** update, search icons are still plain blue and (I think) corrupt. There seems to be some major problem which may or may not be associated with that update. Have you got some more ideas I can try?

Follow this and make sure you uninstall that update.
Once done, have windows update be paused, not fully disabled.
The only thing you can do is pray for windows developers to get their **** together and refix the problems within 35 days.

https://support.native-instruments....s-Connectivity-of-Certain-NI-Hardware-Devices

Uninstalled that update as suggested , following those instructions,my Win 10 Home doesn't have "Paused" option, so I stopped Automatic Updates . I still have no audio, checked and updated the drivers again, Movie & TV App progress/time line is still flashing and won't play files that it did play prior to that **** update, search icons are still plain blue and (I think) corrupt. There seems to be some major problem which may or may not be associated with that update. Have you got some more ideas I can try?

Reinstall your audio drivers and your movie and tv app.
Restart the computer once and it should kick back on.
If it is still causing you grief, go here and check with them
https://www.tenforums.com/
They should be able to make sense out of it quickly if you show them this thread here.

Back