Keeping dust out of a tower

learninmypc

A few years back I was talking with a friend about dust bunnies in a tower & how to keep them out.
I had a somewhat odd idea of using a case covering somewhat like a pillow case to do such. It gets dirty,take it off & put another one on. Much like an air filter in a car. Does that sound ridicules or not?? Just curious. :)

Might keep 80% of the dust out, but not all would be stopped. Could also get in the way of case cooling, by entrapping heat insde.

It could work if the fans directly forced air through the pillow case, but blowing air out of the PC case into the pillow case would pocket the heat.

Some cases already do this to an extent. They have filters on the intake fans (no filter required on exhaust).

Another way to prevent dust is using the power of physics. :) If you have more intake fans than exhaust, the air pressure in the case will be higher than the surrounding air, which will repel dust particles!

Thank you @St1ckM4n & @cliffordcooley . my tower fans had been revving up for a minute or so a couple times a day for the past month or so & I finally shut it down & blew out the dust bunnies & it hasn't happened since. :) Been quieter too. :)
You could try some of these, I use these on spots that do not have filters for the intakes. Works pretty well and they are easy to clean (Can of air).

Back