Keyboard error over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantex_rox

Hello,

I am having a computer chrisis right now, my computer in my room won't start.

Last night i shut it off, and i took about 10 minutes at the screen that says "windows is shutting down", so i just held the off button to shut it off. This morning i woke up and turned it on, the hdd light comes on and so does the power, and you can hear the hard drives chugging away, but the screen remains black. So i unplugged everything except my monitor, then it went to the bios screen, but it was strangly blue instead of black. So i let it run through the bios until it pointed out that there is no keyboard or mouse, so i shut it off, and plugged those back in. Now, the keyboard worked just fine last night. I turned it back on, and first it beeps, and then it goes to the bios, (which it usually dosen't beep), and runs the bios until the part where it detects the keyboard and mouse. Then it says "mouse initialized" then it says "keyboard error", then it says "enter=view system error" (real nicely designed bios hit enter to view why the keyboard dosen't work!) I tried 3 keyboards, all that work for sure, but it says it everytime. I think maybe the keyboard port went bad.
If it all helps, it has Pheonix bios, and i updated it to the newest version, it runs a 667mhz pentium 3, with 256mb of 820-chipset RDRAM. The motherboard is from a hp vectra vl600. It has 3 hard drives, a 10 gig, and 2 80 gigs, has a ATI raedon 7000 64mb video card, PCI network card, and an old dial up modem. It also has a brand new Lite-on cd-rw/dvd-rom in it, and a 350w rosewill powersupply, and in a rosewill case.

It sounds like you are using PS/2 keyboards and maybe the PS/2 port went bad somehow. If so, could you try borrowing a USB keyboard or perhaps getting a P2/2 to USB adapter?

I have a usb keyboard luckily, and my friend has a ps/2 to usb at his house.

But, now it keeps saying "No mouse was found on the inboard mouse port" along with "keyboard error"

Mouse and Kbd connections

By Logitech install manuals.
Use usb for laptops,PS2 for desktops.Mine work best that way.
But you might have set your system to boot by another way besides
the power on switch. Mine even will play music.
Check you bios boot options and any others for startup.
*** Read you Motherboard Manual ***
I presume you have one.:)

No, i don't have a manual for my mobo, i got my computer for free from my sis's boyfriend, who got it from his dad's work.

BUT, my bro came over today who is taking college courses in computer sciences, he said it had an ID10T error. (***** error)

I had the keyboard plugged into the mouse port, and the mouse in the keyboard port.:rolleyes:

Works fine now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back