Keyboard layout changed to Japanese cant change back to English

By redroses56
Aug 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have a DELL Insprion 2400 with Windows XP Office Edition insalled (I know its so old lol). So I was fooling around, trying to make the Japanese carhters show on my computer and messed around and changed the keyboard layout to Japanese from English. I restarted the computer when I tired to enter my password on the Welcome logon screen it wouldn't accept it. I don't have the windows software CD to try to do a system restore and I'm not sure if you can even do a system rstore if you can't logon. I've tried just about everything that I could think of and nothing has worked. At this point I dont care if I losse everything on the computer I just need it to work. Could someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction to get this issue solved. How can I fix this???
  2. kgreat21

kgreat21 Newcomer, in training

If you still have English listed as one of your languages, you should be able to navigate through your listed languages using CTRL+SHIFT, even from the login screen.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.