Keyssa aims to do away with I/O ports, has the backing to make it a reality

By Shawn Knight
Jan 6, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Odds are that you've probably never heard of Keyssa, a US-based startup that's one of thousands of companies on display at CES this week. They first surfaced late last year with the promise of speeding up data transfers between storage...

Read more
  2. Seem nice but nowhere on the web site do they mention the maximum distance, from what you can see it is VERY short distance so is it nice for transfert between 2 devices that are very close but forget about transfer from your phone to your watch or to you google glass.
  3. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 247   +69

Need to have wireless charging to make it completely wireless for me.
  4. andrewdoyle88

andrewdoyle88 TS Enthusiast Posts: 54   +38

The distance might be small but like anything it will increase over time. It's just great to finally see this technology come to fruition.
  5. Capaill

Capaill TS Addict Posts: 280   +86

Looks like NFC, except that's measured in kb/s.
    This is a big jump.

I'm thinking of a keyssa connector on the top of your PC. And another one on the bottom of a portable drive. Then just place the drive on your PC and start transferring data. Or leave your phone on the drive to have access to all your stored files.

When it comes to increasing the distance I'm not sure I'd want to have that massive burst of radio power going through my body to get from a phone in my pocket to a wrist watch.
  6. What would you transfer to your watch at 6Gb per second?
  7. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Enthusiast Posts: 37

Downloading your smartphone/cameras files to your PC, making external storage wirelless, HD docks that dont need data cords... 6 gigabits/s it's as fast as SATA nowadays, I would LOVE to access my external devices at that speed instead of USB's.
  8. erickmendes

erickmendes TS Enthusiast Posts: 37

I don't care about distance, it can even be touching each other, I still like this tech.