KT4AV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a Kt4AV Motherboard, installed a AMD 2200 proccessor on it. It has a USB intergrating four Diagnostic LEDs, for graphic singal display providing up to 16 combinations of signials to debug the system. Now comes the part where I boot to a CDrom drive and install the OS (XP). After the computer installs some files and begins to startup XP, the system shuts completely down, all Diag LEDs go off, and it beeps continuously (One long beep, One short beep) over and over till I actually cut all power supply going to the computer.

Anyone have any suggestings what could be causing this problem? The LED Diag is suppose to trouble shoot all Video, Memory and CPU problems, but its completely off after the computer starts hanging and beeping. Everything has been disabled the isnt neccessary. If anyone has any ideas what is causing this, please post here, thanks.

Krondur

According to the behavior and the sound it is making, I would assume your system is overheating.

Check to make certain the heatsink is on properly. Athlon heatsinks only go on one way.

Also, check the CPU fan and make certain it is turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back